Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

The stress of the whole process

The stress of the whole process

Old Nov 18th 2012, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

biddyk8 has much to be proud ofbiddyk8 has much to be proud ofbiddyk8 has much to be proud ofbiddyk8 has much to be proud ofbiddyk8 has much to be proud ofbiddyk8 has much to be proud ofbiddyk8 has much to be proud ofbiddyk8 has much to be proud ofbiddyk8 has much to be proud ofbiddyk8 has much to be proud ofbiddyk8 has much to be proud of
Default The stress of the whole process

The stress of the process is killing me this weekend. We are sitting on a visitor visa at the moment waiting on either the SINP nomination or an LMO to come through There should be no issue with either as no one else even applied for the position.

We have 2 weeks left on our current lease so we need to either give up and book flights home or hope something comes through very quickly and hold out to the last minute and probably pay a premium in flight prices We have been told the LMO is on someones desk for the past 3 weeks and still no result.

I'm considering ringing SINP in tears tomorrow to see if there is anyway of speeding it up. My friend applied last Monday and got their nomination on Thursday night Just seems very unfair some people are flying through the process and others are stuck in the slow lane.

I know it will all be worth it in the end, just needed a rather pointless rant. Thanks anyone who actually read all that.
Old Nov 19th 2012, 1:48 am
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The stress of the whole process

Originally Posted by biddyk8
The stress of the process is killing me this weekend. We are sitting on a visitor visa at the moment waiting on either the SINP nomination or an LMO to come through There should be no issue with either as no one else even applied for the position.

We have 2 weeks left on our current lease so we need to either give up and book flights home or hope something comes through very quickly and hold out to the last minute and probably pay a premium in flight prices We have been told the LMO is on someones desk for the past 3 weeks and still no result.

I'm considering ringing SINP in tears tomorrow to see if there is anyway of speeding it up. My friend applied last Monday and got their nomination on Thursday night Just seems very unfair some people are flying through the process and others are stuck in the slow lane.

I know it will all be worth it in the end, just needed a rather pointless rant. Thanks anyone who actually read all that.
Well ranted! You're a natural....
Old Nov 19th 2012, 11:11 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't ring, in tears or not, as you may just hack them off. The people who check/approve these forms are 'just' people, you may unfortunately be sitting in the tray of some slowcoach, while your mate was in the tray of someone who was off on a promise and wanted to clear the decks. Get yourself out, go and do something, the worst thing is sitting and fretting; by the sounds of it you are at the end of this process. It's not long to wait, it just seems like it.
Old Nov 19th 2012, 1:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

AdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to behold

Not a pointless rant at all, if it made you feel even the tiniest bit better

We've all been there and felt the need to voice our frustration at a process that often seems capricious.

Just hang in there and it will work itself out, one way or the other.
Old Nov 20th 2012, 12:13 am
Forum Regular

biddyk8 has much to be proud ofbiddyk8 has much to be proud ofbiddyk8 has much to be proud ofbiddyk8 has much to be proud ofbiddyk8 has much to be proud ofbiddyk8 has much to be proud ofbiddyk8 has much to be proud ofbiddyk8 has much to be proud ofbiddyk8 has much to be proud ofbiddyk8 has much to be proud ofbiddyk8 has much to be proud of

Yep I know its the time we've been going with the flow up until now but patience is running out. I think its due to hubbys new employers not being very good at keeping in contact with us, it takes 2 days to get a response from them via email and they don't return voicemails either

They also refuse to call the HRSDC to try and speed up the LMO, even though the person at service canada told us to get them to call and they could probably expedite it.
Old Nov 20th 2012, 12:18 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Yep I know its the time we've been going with the flow up until now but patience is running out. I think its due to hubbys new employers not being very good at keeping in contact with us, it takes 2 days to get a response from them via email and they don't return voicemails either

They also refuse to call the HRSDC to try and speed up the LMO, even though the person at service canada told us to get them to call and they could probably expedite it.
Unfortunately it often turns out to be more hassle than its worth for the Canadian employer jumping through all the bureaucratic hoops so they often lose interest.

Last edited by Oink; Nov 20th 2012 at 12:28 am.
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 3:38 am
Forum Regular

Found out today the HR manager is in the Philippines for the next 2 weeks on a recruitment drive. He's the contact for the LMO so if the HRSDC call to ask any questions they can't get him and no one has access to his email so it could be sitting in it waiting aswell

Well if they are disillusioned with the process for 1 person already here, they will be demented doing it for the batch they are currently trying to recruit from the Philippines.