Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Stop! Wait! No need to leave UK...

Stop! Wait! No need to leave UK...

Old Jan 27th 2009, 3:27 am

LorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Stop! Wait! No need to leave UK...

Originally Posted by flashman
Yup! You're an addict. If you go to the one in Gan then you're probably a gambling addict too.

Definately agree with you there but I DO avoid the one in Gan. Gambling...no, no, no!

But I have 2 minimum criteria when driving through small town Ontario to determine their level of civilization. They should have

1) A Legion (for beer)

Yep, one in Westport...

2 A timmies (for all kinds of stuff especially donuts, chili & icecap in the summer).

Have to go to Perth for that...

Maybe good advice for those on a reccie trip !
It has been brilliant advice for us when taking father-in-law on reccie trips. HE IS a Timmies addict and almost killed us all with sour creme glazed timbits last October. I am sure he will only consider our move a success once one of us secures employment with said franchise!
Old Jan 27th 2009, 11:34 am
BE Enthusiast

PeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry but I just cannot understand the fascination of Tim Horton's, with the exception of the word 'cheap'..

The coffee is disgusting dish water, the sandwiches are awful and the doughnuts too sweet.

So seeing all this gusto towards it as if its some great treat is quite incomprehensible to me.

Decent coffee's come from Starbucks, etc, the companies that have proper coffee machines.

I even much prefer Williams Coffee Pub's to Tim Horton's any day of the week.
Old Jan 27th 2009, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

terrywogan is a jewel in the roughterrywogan is a jewel in the roughterrywogan is a jewel in the roughterrywogan is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by PeterF
I'm sorry but I just cannot understand the fascination of Tim Horton's, with the exception of the word 'cheap'..

The coffee is disgusting dish water, the sandwiches are awful and the doughnuts too sweet.

So seeing all this gusto towards it as if its some great treat is quite incomprehensible to me.

Decent coffee's come from Starbucks, etc, the companies that have proper coffee machines.

I even much prefer Williams Coffee Pub's to Tim Horton's any day of the week.

What ^he^ said (except I have no experience of Williams Coffe Pub)!
Old Jan 27th 2009, 2:10 pm
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by terrywogan
Yes, they are quite good but there are only about 40 locations in SW Ontario so it's no surprise you haven't tried them.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

Jo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud ofJo.Ru_onway has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by LorraineG
Today I got my Timmies fix of a double double and rainbow ring in WITHAM ESSEX!
Pulled into Spar for some gas and there was the Timmies sign...could not believe my eyes. Of course this is NOT good news for the pre-medical diet...
Lorraine G.
Lorraine - where are you in Colchester Im in Wivenhoe !!
Old Feb 18th 2009, 12:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

snowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by terrywogan
A place is only truly civilised if it has a caribou coffee, unfortunately this rules out canada,

Timmies is cheap and not very cheerful, and as for ingrained in the psyche - he was still playing hockey in the 60's and hadnt even dreamt of flogging coffee to the masses yet. And dont get me started on the service you get from the spotty students!!

rant over: as you were

s