Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Starting afresh

Starting afresh

Old Jul 11th 2001, 3:29 pm
Just Joined

andrewashford is an unknown quantity at this point

I've come across this site while searching for information on immigrating to Canada - something that I am actively considering. Its good to see a coherent site that gives some practical information for a change.

What I really need is some practical advice from those who have gone before on how to go about making job/sponsorship contacts from a distance of several thousand miles. The internet is obviously a great help to that end - I've no idea how the Pilgrim Fathers managed!

Anyhow, I am a fully qualified and experienced health and safety manager, running my own consultancy practice in the UK. I also lecture in health and safety law and risk management at a local college, where I am the programme manager. I have a first class honours degree in organisational management and am looking to move to Canada and continue in a safety-related role. I am married with two kids, my wife having dual US/UK citizenship.

Any advice, assistance or even offers of work would be gratefully received and much appreciated.

Best regards

Andrew Ashford