Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

squash (juice) anyone? BC

squash (juice) anyone? BC

Old Aug 13th 2012, 7:36 am
finally together...

__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute
Default squash (juice) anyone? BC

does anyone know where i can get blackcurrant squash in bc? we are landing in vancouver, and last time i was there we found a "price right foods"( part of save on foods) who seemed to be a chinese franchise, and they had robinsons juice there, but im not sure ill be able to find it again before we go off to prince george.( it was on the flightpath for the airport if anyone knows where it is that'd be great)

hubby had scoured PG and theres nowhere there that does it.
its babys favourite drink. and while he will drink other things, its about the only way to keep him properly hydrated, its the only thing he drinks with gusto!

dont want to bring it with me because its weighty, i will if i have to but trying to reduce likelyhood of massive excess baggage fees.
Old Aug 13th 2012, 12:50 pm
Forum Regular

lcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: squash (juice) anyone? BC

I have found small (glass) bottles of ribena in some No Frills stores in northern Ontario - don't know it that is any good? You have to look hard for it on the pop aisle. And it is extremely expensive. My children miss squash too
Old Aug 13th 2012, 1:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute

Extra Foods & No frills supermarket does tins of No Name powder that you mix with water that you can get in blackcurrant.
Old Aug 13th 2012, 2:32 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

When I was on here the other day an ad popped up on this site for British Corner Shops.co.uk. I don't know what the shipping costs are to Canada, but I used them possibly once or twice a year in France and they were great. They had everything that one might miss. My only real 'need' was Heinz Cream of Tomato, which is the only thing my kid will eat when sick. Good luck.
Old Aug 13th 2012, 2:54 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by __TJ__
does anyone know where i can get blackcurrant squash in bc? we are landing in vancouver, and last time i was there we found a "price right foods"( part of save on foods) who seemed to be a chinese franchise, and they had robinsons juice there, but im not sure ill be able to find it again before we go off to prince george.( it was on the flightpath for the airport if anyone knows where it is that'd be great)

hubby had scoured PG and theres nowhere there that does it.
its babys favourite drink. and while he will drink other things, its about the only way to keep him properly hydrated, its the only thing he drinks with gusto!

dont want to bring it with me because its weighty, i will if i have to but trying to reduce likelyhood of massive excess baggage fees.
Loblaws/Superstore - Ribena.

Save on or Price Smart are not a 'Chinese Franchise', not a franchise at all, they are part of the Pattison Group.
Old Aug 13th 2012, 3:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

nativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to behold

You can get crystal lights from costco or superstore. It is sachets of fkavouring, including blackcurrant that you add to water. Sugar free and tastes like squash
Old Aug 13th 2012, 3:37 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Squash, or similar equivalent is readily available in BC: http://nationalimporters.com/item.as...temNbr=2136091

http://www.kraftbrands.com/mio/
Old Aug 13th 2012, 3:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by R I C H
Squash, or similar equivalent is readily available in BC: http://nationalimporters.com/item.as...temNbr=2136091

http://www.kraftbrands.com/mio/
Was just going to suggest http://www.kraftbrands.com/mio/. You beat me to it! lol
Old Aug 13th 2012, 4:11 pm
finally together...

__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aviator
Loblaws/Superstore - Ribena.

Save on or Price Smart are not a 'Chinese Franchise', not a franchise at all, they are part of the Pattison Group.
sorry i didnt mean to offend, what i mean by a chinese store is one you can buy a lot of chinesey type things in, the other save ons that we used were regular supermarket type layouts like you get in the uk, this one price smart in vancouver tho was about 80% oriental inspired and very little normal supermarket stuff ( which was great cos it had squash) i wasnt being derogatory, and apologise for any offence caused.

you can get ribena at real canadian superstore thats cool, ill send hubby out to get some so he has it ready - thanks again guys
Old Aug 13th 2012, 4:41 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by __TJ__
you can get ribena at real canadian superstore thats cool, ill send hubby out to get some so he has it ready - thanks again guys
They keep it in the Asian Foods aisle where we are.