Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Sports in Canada

Sports in Canada

Old Jul 16th 2008, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

debbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to all
Default Sports in Canada

Hi again ,

Just a quick question just so my 10 year old daughter will be reassured Canada do like there sports .....

My 10 year old Paige is a very keen athlete and is doing great here in the uk , She s just broken a county record and at 10 is loving her sports . She is a keen sprinter and long jump. Anyhow she would like to know what sports your children enjoy doing in Canada ??

I have read that Canada are keen athletes , would be great to show my daughter what sports Canadians enjoy !

I personally enjoy hot tubs and champagne !!

Debbie
Old Jul 16th 2008, 8:52 pm

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sports in Canada

The usual stuff, plus (ice) hockey, baseball, basketball, football, some weird Canadian version of American football, skiing, skating, mountain biking and wolfbagging.

In Vancouver people like to spend lots of money on ridiculous running gear then run slowly, but looking good.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 12:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Journeyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by debbieeasby
Hi again ,

Just a quick question just so my 10 year old daughter will be reassured Canada do like there sports .....

My 10 year old Paige is a very keen athlete and is doing great here in the uk , She s just broken a county record and at 10 is loving her sports . She is a keen sprinter and long jump. Anyhow she would like to know what sports your children enjoy doing in Canada ??

I have read that Canada are keen athletes , would be great to show my daughter what sports Canadians enjoy !

Debbie
Debbie, I personally enjoy exactly the same, awesome just ignore BAZZZ he must be a people watcher.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 12:19 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi again ,

Debbie
Mine tried most sports, ice hockey, figure skating, basketball yadda yadda. One settled on sailing and one on swimming and soccer. I liked swimming and soccer as they're cheap.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 1:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Journeyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dbd33
Mine tried most sports, ice hockey, figure skating, basketball yadda yadda. One settled on sailing and one on swimming and soccer. I liked swimming and soccer as they're cheap.
Honesty is the best policy
Old Jul 17th 2008, 7:24 am
RN1
BE Enthusiast

RN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to all

Hi again ,

Debbie
I noticed in Calgary that there's a high school just for those who excel at sport - the schooling is geared around their competition timetable (according to the web site) & that includes international cmpetitions too. Don't know where you're going in Canada but I'm sure Calgary can't be the only place with such a school. Can't remember what it was called but you can easily find it on the education board's website & then link to the school itself. So if your daugter seems to be fulfilling her early promise then there appears to be schools where she will be supported.

Also most schools do list athletic programs on their websites but I'm a rookie & haven't actually experienced anything yet (set to go in August.) However, I can't imagine that she won't be able to continue with her sport & compete in Canada. Goodness knows they could do with some international sporting success - I don't even know the tune of the anthem, it's heard so little these days!! :-D
Old Jul 18th 2008, 10:58 pm
Happy in Canada.

Grah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond repute

there is only 1 school in Canada it's called the National Sport School (NSS)

You'll fnd every level of sports played out of most schools - My daughter 14 now played vollyball Basketball soccer track ( 400 8000 1500 3000 ) cross country and a couple of field events. Last year she was top 3 at least in all running - 1st girl in her school to get a ribbon in a usa meet against older girls. Will be moving to High School and following up with the track coach if she keeps up with the expected speeds should be incontention for some good honours in her future. But that's a lot of hard work and dedication away.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 11:32 pm
No time for muppets!

Mikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bazzz
The usual stuff, plus (ice) hockey, baseball, basketball, football, some weird Canadian version of American football, skiing, skating, mountain biking and wolfbagging.

In Vancouver people like to spend lots of money on ridiculous running gear then run slowly, but looking good.
Ive always been partial to tiddly winks myself!
Old Jul 19th 2008, 12:17 am
Forum Regular

debbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to all

Thanks for the info.

My daughter is very keen to carry on with her athletics she has just broke a county record and yesterday met linford christie & Darren Cambell bless her she was start struck !

Will certainly be looking into coaching should we get to Canada ! Fingers crossed .

It is a big committment but its worth it . well im off to bed

Debbie
Old Jul 19th 2008, 12:21 am
No time for muppets!

Mikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for the info.

My daughter is very keen to carry on with her athletics she has just broke a county record and yesterday met linford christie & Darren Cambell bless her she was start struck !

Will certainly be looking into coaching should we get to Canada ! Fingers crossed .

It is a big committment but its worth it . well im off to bed

Debbie
Isnt he (Lindford) a disgraced junkie now?
Old Jul 19th 2008, 12:22 am
Forum Regular

well was nt going to tell my 10 year old that lol
Old Jul 19th 2008, 12:25 am
No time for muppets!

well was nt going to tell my 10 year old that lol
Wait till she at least 13! haha
Old Jul 19th 2008, 12:26 am
Forum Regular

If i stay in the UK !
Old Jul 19th 2008, 12:27 am
No time for muppets!

If i stay in the UK !
True! 16-18 if you dont.
Old Jul 19th 2008, 12:28 am
Forum Regular

Sounds a bit more like it can cope with that .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.