Social Work

Old Jan 8th 2010, 9:54 am
Just Joined

aonedoc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Social Work

is british social work degree recognised in Alberta and How difficult is it to find a Job in social work. !!
Old Jan 8th 2010, 10:13 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Social Work

Not sure about Canada but if it helps my friend is currently in Australia on YMS and she is applying for a longer term visa as a social worker and they recognise her degree as valid over there.
Old Jan 16th 2010, 5:34 am
Beat Girl

ANDREA T will become famous soon enough

Hi

My husband is a UK trained social worker and he needed to pay for his qualification to verified by the recognised body of social work in Canada, then his application for licencing was accepted. Be prepared for this to be a lengthy process I remember the OH having to get a letter from the Dean of the university etc etc

As long as you have a Hons degree I am sure you will have no problems, however expect to pay around $300 to have your qualification verified...then more $$ to get registered

As far as work opportunities go in Alberta I cannot comment but there is oodles of work in the Yukon!
Old Jan 16th 2010, 9:09 pm
Banned

bsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aonedoc
is british social work degree recognised in Alberta and How difficult is it to find a Job in social work. !!
...This may be helpful?