Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

sob sob! need some help?

sob sob! need some help?

Old Mar 20th 2003, 9:35 am
BE Enthusiast

babyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of light
Unhappy sob sob! need some help?

I had some bad news today! an agency said i have not got enough points to emigrate.(64) I feel so down. I need work in Canada and that should give me enough points.
i am intelligent with good references and some education. i am a hard worker. My mother lives in Toronto but i feel so alone with all this.
Can anyone suggest a good chat room for the topic of emigration?
i just need some support whilst i battle through this process.
don't know where to turn and quite frankly i am so confussed.
please can you help?
Old Mar 20th 2003, 11:45 am
Just Joined

ljeds is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: sob sob! need some help?

If your mother lives in Toronto she could sponsor you depending on her status.
Old Mar 20th 2003, 5:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

wizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud of

as a parent you can only sponsor a child if they are dependant on you.

CIC defines as given any child under 22 is a dependant. After that they would have to be wholly dependant on their parents. So if it was the case where a child had been in fulltime education all their life and was still so but older than 22 but dependant on their parents they would probably be ok.

Otherwise the child has to qualify indipendantly.

I thought i heard mention before that there was a Canadian fiancee involved? You should look into that option for sponsorship, either by getting married or look into the conjugal partner category as there is no longer a fiancee class.

Drew
Old Mar 20th 2003, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

MCannon is an unknown quantity at this point

You might want to dig a bit deeper -- you can be a sponsor of 1 relative (any age or relation) based on certain conditions such as the sponsor having no other relatives. I am certainly not an expert on this but I believe there are potential ways around the dependant child issue -- of course, however, it depends on the persons individual circumstances.

Good luck!
Old Mar 21st 2003, 7:28 am
BE Enthusiast

babyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of light
Default THANK YOU

Originally posted by wizzard
as a parent you can only sponsor a child if they are dependant on you.

CIC defines as given any child under 22 is a dependant. After that they would have to be wholly dependant on their parents. So if it was the case where a child had been in fulltime education all their life and was still so but older than 22 but dependant on their parents they would probably be ok.

Otherwise the child has to qualify indipendantly.

I thought i heard mention before that there was a Canadian fiancee involved? You should look into that option for sponsorship, either by getting married or look into the conjugal partner category as there is no longer a fiancee class.

Drew
thankyou very much for your support. It is great to have genuine people to support you at times like this. much appreciated.
I just get frustrated becuase i have genuine reasons for the move and i am a hard worker. I would never sponge of the government.
I LOVE CANADA AND THE PEOPLE ARE BEAUTIFUL.!!
Old Mar 21st 2003, 7:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by ljeds
If your mother lives in Toronto she could sponsor you depending on her status.
Much appreciated!
It is a really difficult time for me and i have genuine reason for wanting to be there. It is frustration when you are a hard worker and i genuine person. When many people find it so easy to get in!

thanx very much
Old Mar 25th 2003, 7:16 pm
hit
Forum Regular

hit is an unknown quantity at this point

i'm emigrating from Leicester,UK
i know what your going through

so best of luck to you