Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

So.. what are you doing for Canada Day?!

So.. what are you doing for Canada Day?!

Old Jun 30th 2004, 10:00 am
Loving it here!

ClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to behold
Cool So.. what are you doing for Canada Day?!

Happy Canada Day!! (Ok a bit early!) So what are people doing tomorrow to celebrate Canada Day?

Clare
Old Jun 30th 2004, 10:04 am
Glaswegian

Running 5K for charity.

Old Jun 30th 2004, 10:29 am
#include

simonhouse is an unknown quantity at this point

nothing!

I'm English.

My wife's Canadian, but she doesn't give a monkeys either.

Last edited by simonhouse; Jun 30th 2004 at 10:34 am.
Old Jun 30th 2004, 11:34 am
Just Joined

nydeidith is an unknown quantity at this point

Im gonna watch the semifinals
Old Jun 30th 2004, 12:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute

Of what?

We are probably finishing off building our fence and then its supposed to rain in the afternoon. So many millimetres - I seem to have a mental block with millimeters - never know if its one inch or 20 inches!!!
Old Jun 30th 2004, 12:39 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So.. what are you doing for Canada Day?!

Originally posted by ClareBC
Happy Canada Day!! (Ok a bit early!) So what are people doing tomorrow to celebrate Canada Day?

Clare
I'm doing the traditional canadian thing...golfing!

Came back from playing footy to find the house bedecked in bunting and flags, which was cool. (My wifes canadian, come to think of it so am I now, so its my first real canada day!)

I am getting my folks to send over a big St George cross (now they are cheap after the football failure) to balance out the huge canadian flag that appeared flying from the deck when my citizenship came through!

Have a great day...beats working anyway even if you arent canadian, we get few enough hols over here as it is!

Iain
Old Jun 30th 2004, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

xunzi will become famous soon enough

I'll be working! Yay!
Old Jun 30th 2004, 11:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

stepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond repute

Happy Canada day to all those in Canada and Canadians living elsewhere.

Which happens to include my wife who is always anxious to be in Canada on this day. We'll be there for Canada Day in 2005 and she's very happy about that.
Old Jul 1st 2004, 1:51 am
Just Joined

wazowski is an unknown quantity at this point

Clare
As this is my family's first Canada Day (we've been here as perm res's 10 weeks today), we're gonna jump in!

We're off to our local celebrations at Chinguacousy Park, Brampton! Whether looks undecided, but looking forward to enjoying the festivities with our new community!

Enjoy 137th Canada Day!
Old Jul 1st 2004, 3:07 am
BE Enthusiast

ukjo is on a distinguished road

This is my first Canada Day in Canada although we have celebrated it in the Uk before now in our own little way. My kids are with their father on holiday and my step daughter is going away with her mom so for the first time since I arrived here 6 months ago we are spending the whole weekend all on our own. Call it a belated honeymoon!!!!lol We shall be spending this afternoon and tonight in the centre of Halifax watching the bands, drinking loads of Molson beer and watching the fireworks!!!

Happy Canada Day everyone!!!!!!!
Old Jul 1st 2004, 3:12 am
Invisi... K

ksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond repute

On the theme of Canada Day and holidays in general... what other national holidays are there in canada? This may seem strange, but I'm coming over to Canada from UK this September and know nothing about Canadian culture, so are they any equivalent holidays to the UK annual summer bank holidays?
Old Jul 1st 2004, 4:21 am
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

Happy Canada Day! I'm not Canadian but my hubbie is. I don't really know what we'll do. I asked him what his family in Canada does on Canada Day...he said not much because they have to work the next day LOL

Juliet
Old Jul 1st 2004, 11:16 am
Just going for Holidays

liftman is a jewel in the roughliftman is a jewel in the roughliftman is a jewel in the roughliftman is a jewel in the rough

Clare
I bet you are all drunk as skunks, and that is why there is no one on the board tonight!
Old Jul 1st 2004, 12:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

sysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to all

Originally posted by ksct97
On the theme of Canada Day and holidays in general... what other national holidays are there in canada? This may seem strange, but I'm coming over to Canada from UK this September and know nothing about Canadian culture, so are they any equivalent holidays to the UK annual summer bank holidays?
Canada is kind of chintzy with the holidays. Here are the dates of statutory holidays for 2004 (most people get all these off except Civic Holiday with some places don't honour).

January 01 New Year's Day
April 09 Good Friday
May 24 Victoria Day
July 01 Canada Day
August 02 Civic Holiday
September 06 Labour Day
October 11 Thanksgiving
December 25 Christmas Day
December 26 Boxing Day
Old Jul 1st 2004, 2:17 pm
Glaswegian

Hitting the beer now .... I ran 5K today in 30:38, not bad for a 40 year old fart.

One of the marshalls commented "Oh my God, look at that guy" as I raced towards the line.

I did wonder why he was waving to the paramedics at the time ....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.