Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

So much STUFF!!

So much STUFF!!

Old Jun 27th 2009, 6:52 pm
Wellington NS

budcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud of
Smile Re: So much STUFF!!

Our shippers arrive on Wednesday and our goods will arrive in Halifax 15th July.......before us........should've went by boat ourselves.
Almost packed up, just to clean all the outdoory type things and that's us good to go.
Old Jun 27th 2009, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

luvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud of
Default Re: So much STUFF!!

I MUST remember to clean the bikes - forgot about that! Have the jeyes in the cupboard!

We were told that our shipping would take five weeks with our quote, so the container is being filled on Tuesday, we thought this would mean it would arrive just as we are ready to move into our home. This past Thursday I got a letter with an estimated delivery time of just three weeks I guess it'll have to go in storage for a few weeks!
Old Jun 27th 2009, 10:01 pm
Wellington NS

budcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud of
Smile Re: So much STUFF!!

I couldn't believe it when our estimated delivery time was 2 weeks..we were expecting at least 4.So had to arrange storage for a month.
Old Jun 28th 2009, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

bzriddell is a name known to allbzriddell is a name known to allbzriddell is a name known to allbzriddell is a name known to allbzriddell is a name known to allbzriddell is a name known to allbzriddell is a name known to allbzriddell is a name known to allbzriddell is a name known to allbzriddell is a name known to allbzriddell is a name known to all

Originally Posted by budcolin
I couldn't believe it when our estimated delivery time was 2 weeks..we were expecting at least 4.So had to arrange storage for a month.
We are storing as well but it doesn't make the decluttering go any easier! Why do we keep so much for so long??? ..... back to the garage aarghh
Old Jun 28th 2009, 1:42 pm
Just Joined

slimsladie is an unknown quantity at this point

I am the king of hording but our container comes in two weeks and we are limited on what to put in there i say if you havent used it or seen it for a year or more get rid of it we had done car boots great for getting rid of rubbish we made £131 on stuff (rubbish)that was in the loft and i was going to bin, ebay or i sold most electricals and furniture by posting notices at work

Good Luck
Old Jun 28th 2009, 5:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
when you come to that drawer in the kitchen that everyone has, that contains paperclips, coaster, sellotape, pens, fuses, string, stanley blade, old birthday card, 25p worth of pennies, laggy bands, permanent marker, random paperwork, tape measure,3 keys that you have no idea what they fit, drawing pins not in the box............................... you get the picture.

Do you take any of it with you? Hell no, but throwing it away in a bin liner is just mortifying - makes the whole thing very real!!!!
Don't worry about the drawer. You can reconfigure that amount of 'useful' crap in nano seconds when you get to this side of the ocean. My kitchen drawer is a sight to see, I tell ya - and it's bigger too (of course), so the vast array of differing items in there is suitably impressive.
Old Jun 28th 2009, 11:06 pm
Forum Regular

HurricaneHayles has much to be proud ofHurricaneHayles has much to be proud ofHurricaneHayles has much to be proud ofHurricaneHayles has much to be proud ofHurricaneHayles has much to be proud ofHurricaneHayles has much to be proud ofHurricaneHayles has much to be proud ofHurricaneHayles has much to be proud ofHurricaneHayles has much to be proud ofHurricaneHayles has much to be proud ofHurricaneHayles has much to be proud of

UPDATE:

Freecycle is an AMAZING thing

I have shifted 20 old-ish computer books in an afternoon to good homes!

I hate throwing perfectly good things out (which is half of my issue). I think I am going to empty all my old uni folders and put them and half empty notepads on there. Someone will have a use for them I am sure
Old Jun 29th 2009, 7:20 am
finally together...

__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
- when you come to that drawer in the kitchen that everyone has, that contains paperclips, coaster, sellotape, pens, fuses, string, stanley blade, old birthday card, 25p worth of pennies, laggy bands, permanent marker, random paperwork, tape measure,3 keys that you have no idea what they fit, drawing pins not in the box............................... you get the picture.
"the man drawer" in my house. im not even going yet and i cleaned mine out saturday, reaching in for a battery i "found" an unbent paperclip with the tip of my finger. one trip to drs later for tetnus jab and the whole lot went into bags. so i have a bag for batteries, ( each size) one for cable ties ( we have a fine collection) the screwdrivers and a torch and tape measure. everything else went into the bin.

no where did i put that spare picture hook box...