Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

So many questions so much time!!!

So many questions so much time!!!

Old Apr 21st 2008, 3:40 pm
Just Joined

jaybrooks is an unknown quantity at this point
Default So many questions so much time!!!

Hello everyone. So pleased to have stumbled across your wonderful site. My wife my 2yr old little boy and myself have decided we have had enough of the UK ( South Wales in particular) and have committed to emigrate to Canada! Here in lies the dilemma, WHERE DO WE START!!! We have researched as much as we can thouroughly but picking a path to follow is so difficult. Does anyone recommend getting a representitive to aid us through the process or should we do it alone!! going as a skilled worker best suits us i think but we have been looking at the 'Provincial Nominee Program'! Has anyone had experience with this??How workable is it considering we need to sell our house and save for a little while. Any information on these topics and others to do with the beginning of this exciting new chapter in our lives would be enormously welcome. Have a good one
Old Apr 21st 2008, 3:49 pm

Cassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So many questions so much time!!!

Hello and welcome.

Best place to start is wiki and have a read.
Old Apr 21st 2008, 6:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jaybrooks
Hello everyone. So pleased to have stumbled across your wonderful site. My wife my 2yr old little boy and myself have decided we have had enough of the UK ( South Wales in particular) and have committed to emigrate to Canada! Here in lies the dilemma, WHERE DO WE START!!! We have researched as much as we can thouroughly but picking a path to follow is so difficult. Does anyone recommend getting a representitive to aid us through the process or should we do it alone!! going as a skilled worker best suits us i think but we have been looking at the 'Provincial Nominee Program'! Has anyone had experience with this??How workable is it considering we need to sell our house and save for a little while. Any information on these topics and others to do with the beginning of this exciting new chapter in our lives would be enormously welcome. Have a good one
Hi and welcome to BE first as Cassie said read the WIKI pages and any questions you have will probably have already been answered just use the search and trawl through the threads, depends on each individual circumstances as to the route, most of the peolpe whos situation is straightforward have done it themselves but if you want someone to hold your hand it might be worth looking at Andrew Millers threads he is a recognised immigration expert and helps with lots of questions on BE if you search him and click on his link

what do you do ? are you looking at skilled PR ? you need to decide where you want to go,

a recci is usually the best thing to help you decide,

Hope that helps and good luck
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 4:36 am

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

Ditto as above, welcome to BE

if you advise what your trade is then we maybe able to help on where your trade is needed, canada is such a large lovely place.

The wiki is a fab area to get you started

Gill
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 4:42 am
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Hello from an ex Rhondda Valleys girl (ok woman) As usual you have been given the best advice by the other posters. What is your profession, is it in need in the Province or Territory you want to move to, do you have family in Canada that can sponsor you. As for using a a representative, it's up to you there are probably very good ones out there but first do your own research, it is not going to happen overnight.

Good luck
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 1:38 pm
Just Joined

jaybrooks is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all your titbits and help. im a Painter and Decorator by trade. i am currently working for Royal Mail where i am an Acting Manager. We have sort of narrowed our search down to the Greater Toronto area. But we have been told that Saskatchewan is lovely. Cant wait to get out there later in the year to find out more about the country
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 2:40 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all your titbits and help. im a Painter and Decorator by trade. i am currently working for Royal Mail where i am an Acting Manager. We have sort of narrowed our search down to the Greater Toronto area. But we have been told that Saskatchewan is lovely. Cant wait to get out there later in the year to find out more about the country
As someone who came from the Rhondda Valleys, I think Saskatchewan is wonderful cos it's flat, saying that we do live in the Qu'appelle Valley, not a deep as our valley's but just as pretty.

Have you looked at the jobs in need in each Province. There are some changes being made to the immigration process at the moment, I really don't know the ins and out but there is a thread in the Immigration Section that you should keep an eye on. There are some Immigration consultants on this site that are watching and keeping us up to date.