Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

And So The Adventure Begins

And So The Adventure Begins

Old Mar 5th 2011, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

canadian_bacon_boy is a name known to allcanadian_bacon_boy is a name known to allcanadian_bacon_boy is a name known to allcanadian_bacon_boy is a name known to allcanadian_bacon_boy is a name known to allcanadian_bacon_boy is a name known to allcanadian_bacon_boy is a name known to allcanadian_bacon_boy is a name known to allcanadian_bacon_boy is a name known to allcanadian_bacon_boy is a name known to allcanadian_bacon_boy is a name known to all
Default And So The Adventure Begins

Well we started this journey in 2004 and received out visas last year and finally are about to land in Vancouver (Monday) and do a reccie trip.

I have the following ready,

1. Goods accompanying list in triplicate including seriel numbers, make and model of electrical goods and estimated replacement value in Can$.

2. Proof of funds of a bank statement in triplicate and a print out of the currency converted into Can$ in triplicate.

3. Goods to follow list in triplicate including seriel numbers, make and model of electrical goods and estimated replacement value in Can$.

4. PR forms sent to us by CIC and passports with visas in.

5. A massive list of schools, houses, companies and expats to visit while we are there.

So have I forgotten anything? I am so excited and nervous all at the same time.
Old Mar 5th 2011, 9:18 am
Adapting slowly...

Funky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: And So The Adventure Begins

It looks to me like you've got everything covered - but I've not landed yet, so what would I know, eh?

Just to wish you all the best of luck on Monday. Post your landing experience so those of us that are following can be alternately scared/reassured!
Old Mar 5th 2011, 5:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

nativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to behold

That's everything you'll need.

What a long time waiting for your visa
Hope it all goes well and you have a fantastic time. Look forward to reading about your trip.
Old Mar 5th 2011, 5:22 pm
Reagent

lgspoke is just really nicelgspoke is just really nicelgspoke is just really nicelgspoke is just really nicelgspoke is just really nicelgspoke is just really nicelgspoke is just really nicelgspoke is just really nicelgspoke is just really nicelgspoke is just really nicelgspoke is just really nice

Originally Posted by canadian_bacon_boy
Well we started this journey in 2004 and received out visas last year and finally are about to land in Vancouver (Monday) and do a reccie trip.

1. Goods accompanying list in triplicate including seriel numbers, make and model of electrical goods and estimated replacement value in Can$.

2. Proof of funds of a bank statement in triplicate and a print out of the currency converted into Can$ in triplicate.

3. Goods to follow list in triplicate including seriel numbers, make and model of electrical goods and estimated replacement value in Can$.

5. A massive list of schools, houses, companies and expats to visit while we are there.

6. The rest of your family.

7. The names and addresses of the hotels/motels/rented accommodation you'll be staying at.

8. A GPS (SatNav).
Old Mar 5th 2011, 6:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

chanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond repute

immigration will ask for an address to send your PR card to
Old Mar 5th 2011, 7:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Maryland (via Belfast, Manchester, Toronto and London)
MarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by canadian_bacon_boy

So you started this journey in 2004 and you've waited until the Saturday 2 days before you land to ask if you've forgotten anything?

Good luck!