British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   And So The Adventure Begins (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/so-adventure-begins-708030/)

canadian_bacon_boy Mar 5th 2011 9:15 am

And So The Adventure Begins

Well we started this journey in 2004 and received out visas last year and finally are about to land in Vancouver (Monday) and do a reccie trip.

I have the following ready,

1. Goods accompanying list in triplicate including seriel numbers, make and model of electrical goods and estimated replacement value in Can$.

2. Proof of funds of a bank statement in triplicate and a print out of the currency converted into Can$ in triplicate.

3. Goods to follow list in triplicate including seriel numbers, make and model of electrical goods and estimated replacement value in Can$.

4. PR forms sent to us by CIC and passports with visas in.

5. A massive list of schools, houses, companies and expats to visit while we are there.

So have I forgotten anything? I am so excited and nervous all at the same time. :eek:

Funky Florist Mar 5th 2011 9:18 am

Re: And So The Adventure Begins

It looks to me like you've got everything covered - but I've not landed yet, so what would I know, eh?

Just to wish you all the best of luck on Monday. Post your landing experience so those of us that are following can be alternately scared/reassured! :thumbup:

nativenewyorker Mar 5th 2011 5:07 pm

That's everything you'll need.

What a long time waiting for your visa:eek:
Hope it all goes well and you have a fantastic time. Look forward to reading about your trip.

lgspoke Mar 5th 2011 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by canadian_bacon_boy (Post 9219169)
Well we started this journey in 2004 and received out visas last year and finally are about to land in Vancouver (Monday) and do a reccie trip.

1. Goods accompanying list in triplicate including seriel numbers, make and model of electrical goods and estimated replacement value in Can$.

2. Proof of funds of a bank statement in triplicate and a print out of the currency converted into Can$ in triplicate.

3. Goods to follow list in triplicate including seriel numbers, make and model of electrical goods and estimated replacement value in Can$.

5. A massive list of schools, houses, companies and expats to visit while we are there.

So have I forgotten anything? I am so excited and nervous all at the same time. :eek:

6. The rest of your family.

7. The names and addresses of the hotels/motels/rented accommodation you'll be staying at.

8. A GPS (SatNav).

chanceUK Mar 5th 2011 6:54 pm

immigration will ask for an address to send your PR card to

MarylandNed Mar 5th 2011 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by canadian_bacon_boy (Post 9219169)

So you started this journey in 2004 and you've waited until the Saturday 2 days before you land to ask if you've forgotten anything? :eek:

Good luck!