Skills list.

Old Feb 17th 2011, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

marcnotrust is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Skills list.

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if the occupations in demand list us updated yearly. And if so, when is the new one normally released.

Cheers,
Marc
Old Feb 17th 2011, 10:44 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Skills list.

Originally Posted by marcnotrust
Hi Guys,

Just wondering if the occupations in demand list us updated yearly. And if so, when is the new one normally released.

Cheers,
Marc
It's going to be updated again in June. But, iirc, you work in IT? It's incredibly unlikely that any IT occupations will be on there I'm afraid, they were taken off when the list last changed in June, and the special TWP (no LMO) program also ended in September last year - there just isn't the same demand for IT related occupations as there once was and I can't see that changing in the immediate future.

Do you have a wife/partner and if so, what do they do? And have you explored all visa routes? Remember that FSW is only one route to a visa, of which there are over 50!

Old Feb 17th 2011, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
It's going to be updated again in June. But, iirc, you work in IT? It's incredibly unlikely that any IT occupations will be on there I'm afraid, they were taken off when the list last changed in June, and the special TWP (no LMO) program also ended in September last year - there just isn't the same demand for IT related occupations as there once was and I can't see that changing in the immediate future.

Do you have a wife/partner and if so, what do they do? And have you explored all visa routes? Remember that FSW is only one route to a visa, of which there are over 50!

Well, I work in Telecoms/Networking yes. My wife is a Logistics Supervisor for a Shipping company in the UK.

Having completed the self assessment for the skilled worker route, we pass the 'self assessment'.

I mean we are unlikely to be ready to make the move for a good 3 years, financially etc, but obviously, given the planning required we want to get the ball rolling asap.

Cheers,
Marc

Last edited by marcnotrust; Feb 17th 2011 at 10:51 am.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 10:59 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Having completed the self assessment for the skilled worker route, we pass the 'self assessment'.
The self assessment doesn't mean anything unless you have a job on the list (or a job offer approved by HRSDC) I'm afraid.

I'd forget the FSW route for now and concentrate on what other visa you may be eligible for.

Good luck.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

The self assessment doesn't mean anything unless you have a job on the list (or a job offer approved by HRSDC) I'm afraid.

I'd forget the FSW route for now and concentrate on what other visa you may be eligible for.

Good luck.
Ok thanks. Seems odd having the self assessment and it not being a reliable source.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 11:59 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Ok thanks. Seems odd having the self assessment and it not being a reliable source.
It's not that it's not a reliable source (the CIC website - which I assume is where you took the test - is the official Canadian government immigration website), but it's just that the self assessment test is only one part of qualifying for a FSW visa. As well as scoring at least 67 points on the test, you also need a job on the list of 29 eligible occupations, or a job offer approved by HRSDC.

So, as you have neither of the latter, the points test is not relevant to you at all. This Wiki article may help explain it.........http://britishexpats.com/wiki/THE_LIST-Canada

HTH?
Old Feb 17th 2011, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

It's not that it's not a reliable source (the CIC website - which I assume is where you took the test - is the official Canadian government immigration website), but it's just that the self assessment test is only one part of qualifying for a FSW visa. As well as scoring at least 67 points on the test, you also need a job on the list of 29 eligible occupations, or a job offer approved by HRSDC.

So, as you have neither of the latter, the points test is not relevant to you at all. This Wiki article may help explain it.........http://britishexpats.com/wiki/THE_LIST-Canada

HTH?
Perfect thanks. I will keep looking.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

MegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to all

Are there any rumours that are reputable about whats going off the list? I will be unbelievably gutted if they take off MRT, that will be my lifelong dreams dashed on the floor!
Old Feb 17th 2011, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MegaJamie
Are there any rumours that are reputable about whats going off the list? I will be unbelievably gutted if they take off MRT, that will be my lifelong dreams dashed on the floor!
Its devastating this Emigration malarky isnt it.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 5:34 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

HTH?
It would be nice if they added a "do you have one of these jobs" question at the start of the test. That's probably too much to ask from CIC though.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 5:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

this is what the latest rumors are:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...2011-02-17.asp

another source says: young ppl, trades ppl and ppl fluent in english or french will preferred...now does that mean the rest can't come?...probably not..just in lesser numbers? Could mean, that the list of jobs will still be trimmed...could mean as well that they only will make criteria tougher for ppl on the list?

Depends as well on if they can touch any of the PNP, as these have different criterias.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

insearchoflife will become famous soon enough

I come under the Biological sciences section, I think it is 2121 in the list. I hope this will remain for sometime as I will be doing the English test this April. It will break my heart not to see it in the list when the new one comes out.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 10:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

YoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond repute

I think the Occupations List is a crock! Does anyone believe that all those immigrants from south-east Asia are all highly-skilled technicians and doctors? If they are, then why are they working in Timmies, or cleaning the office cubicles being occupied by many Canadians, who in some cases are less capable in their jobs than the newly-arrived immigrant. Or maybe Canada really does want the reputation of having the most highly-educational janitorial workforce in the world!
Old Feb 18th 2011, 12:58 am
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YoshiPal2010
I think the Occupations List is a crock! Does anyone believe that all those immigrants from south-east Asia are all highly-skilled technicians and doctors? If they are, then why are they working in Timmies, or cleaning the office cubicles being occupied by many Canadians, who in some cases are less capable in their jobs than the newly-arrived immigrant. Or maybe Canada really does want the reputation of having the most highly-educational janitorial workforce in the world!
Sorry, but that does not make any sense. Are the immigrants for SE Asia skilled or not?
Old Feb 18th 2011, 1:05 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YoshiPal2010
I think you'll find that many of these "bloody asian immigrants" as I will rephrase your insinuation, are here probably on the low skilled twp projects.

Why? Because they work for the wages when unfortunately lazy home growns do not.

Regardless of whether or not you think that Canada should be a place for white middle class people to be welcomed and everyone else be dammed - Canada is a place that is filling it's skills gap with those that actually want to do the work.

I think THAT alone says more about the origin of the people that are doing this than anything else.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.