Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Skilled Worker/Immigrant funds?

Skilled Worker/Immigrant funds?

Old Jun 5th 2012, 2:29 am
Forum Regular

rebecca1986 has a reputation beyond reputerebecca1986 has a reputation beyond reputerebecca1986 has a reputation beyond reputerebecca1986 has a reputation beyond reputerebecca1986 has a reputation beyond reputerebecca1986 has a reputation beyond reputerebecca1986 has a reputation beyond reputerebecca1986 has a reputation beyond reputerebecca1986 has a reputation beyond reputerebecca1986 has a reputation beyond reputerebecca1986 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Skilled Worker/Immigrant funds?

Hi everyone,

Hoping someone may have been in a similar situation, or knows of someone who has.
I was a registered nurse in the UK and have been here in Canada for just over a year now. I am back in college at the moment having to do a course so that I can register here. Currently in the first semester and have received a student loan to pay for this as I now only work one day a week and my husband was unemployed. Problem is, he's now employed and I can't get anything for a loan for the next 2 semesters, even though we're struggling to pay the rent and bills they think I can also miraculously use my husbands small income for the thousands of dollars the course costs!
I know that there are sometimes places you can go to get funding for courses and was wondering if anyone knew of any, or had any further advice?
Thanks!