Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Skiing Conditions

Skiing Conditions

Old Dec 28th 2006, 1:27 am
Forum Regular

Scotty1972 will become famous soon enoughScotty1972 will become famous soon enough
Default Skiing Conditions

Well

its looking like being one excellent week for the ski and boarding peoples of Calgary, 15 cm's of new snow alone at Sunshine last night.

Anyone looking for uncrowded skiing during the busy period should head for Goats eye mountain in Sunshine, if you get there first thing you will get fresh tracks and not many other people for at least 2 hours! and the back bowls at Louise are also good.

Anyway shame some of us have to work

Rgds Scotty 1972
Old Dec 28th 2006, 5:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Mountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Skiing Conditions

Originally Posted by Scotty1972
Well

its looking like being one excellent week for the ski and boarding peoples of Calgary, 15 cm's of new snow alone at Sunshine last night.

Anyone looking for uncrowded skiing during the busy period should head for Goats eye mountain in Sunshine, if you get there first thing you will get fresh tracks and not many other people for at least 2 hours! and the back bowls at Louise are also good.

Anyway shame some of us have to work

Rgds Scotty 1972

Kev say's I agree work sucks!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Dec 28th 2006, 2:47 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smelly
Kev say's I agree work sucks!!!!!!!!!!!
Butch and Mrs Cassidy say WEEHEEEEE off to ski AGAIN today.
(Morwenna's Eldest is probably thinking WEEHEEEE off to board today. )

Last edited by Butch Cassidy; Dec 28th 2006 at 2:49 pm. Reason: Can't even spell ma frends naimes twoday
Old Dec 29th 2006, 4:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Mountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
Butch and Mrs Cassidy say WEEHEEEEE off to ski AGAIN today.
(Morwenna's Eldest is probably thinking WEEHEEEE off to board today. )
Hope you had a good day............. I have an escape day planned for saturday....... I bet the conditions and the views where great today.
Old Dec 29th 2006, 4:59 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently we are going on Saturday too!

#1 son had a great time thanks BC (SKIING!!)
Old Dec 29th 2006, 5:56 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Morwenna
Apparently we are going on Saturday too!

#1 son had a great time thanks BC (SKIING!!)

YEAH ok so I was misinformed By Mrs C.

Hope to see You and the Lads
AND
Smelly on saturday.

ALSO Mo I want you and Mrs C on the black we did yesterday.
Old Dec 29th 2006, 6:00 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

:scared: I am really a green-runner!!!! :scared:
Old Dec 29th 2006, 6:02 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Morwenna
:scared: I am really a green-runner!!!! :scared:

Well Mrs C just Followed your lad (actually I was behind him most of the day as well) so You can go with her
hehe
Old Dec 29th 2006, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

Scotty1972 will become famous soon enoughScotty1972 will become famous soon enough

YEAH ok so I was misinformed By Mrs C.

Hope to see You and the Lads
AND
Smelly on saturday.

May well see you there as well Sat, though we may go to lake lousie, depends on conditions.

In terms of runs, try the one to the right of continental divide on sunshine, Kev enjoyed that last time we tried - his approach was straight down :scared:

Rgds Scotty 1972
Old Dec 29th 2006, 6:19 pm
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Mmmmmmm..... 45 cm of freshies in the back yard and still nuking. Got to keep this stuff away from you moose people.

....time to tune the skis....
Old Dec 29th 2006, 8:34 pm
Banned

May well see you there as well Sat, though we may go to lake lousie, depends on conditions.

In terms of runs, try the one to the right of continental divide on sunshine, Kev enjoyed that last time we tried - his approach was straight down :scared:

Rgds Scotty 1972

The right as you go up?
29 I think it is?

If so AWESOME yesterday.
Old Dec 29th 2006, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

The right as you go up?
29 I think it is?

If so AWESOME yesterday.
The far right, its the black, right next to the blue, not many people ski it, it brings you out on the green.

Rgds Scotty 1972
Old Dec 29th 2006, 8:54 pm
Banned

The far right, its the black, right next to the blue, not many people ski it, it brings you out on the green.

Rgds Scotty 1972

Ah Will (possibly) give it a go Saturday
Depends on the (far) better half
Old Dec 29th 2006, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

Ah Will (possibly) give it a go Saturday
Depends on the (far) better half

Well if we head for Sunshine, I would gladly do the run with you, my other halfs never too keen either, she seems to spend all day long questioning my choice of runs.

Another good run is, go right at the top of goats eye, and then you ski down down past some large rocks (conditions are wee bit icy for a while), hop over a small snow fence, and then you are into some great open areas, with trees at the bottom. Its pretty good, I have even persuded lisa to do it three times.

Regards Scotty
Old Dec 29th 2006, 9:19 pm
Banned

Well if we head for Sunshine, I would gladly do the run with you, my other halfs never too keen either, she seems to spend all day long questioning my choice of runs.

Another good run is, go right at the top of goats eye, and then you ski down down past some large rocks (conditions are wee bit icy for a while), hop over a small snow fence, and then you are into some great open areas, with trees at the bottom. Its pretty good, I have even persuded lisa to do it three times.

Regards Scotty

Mrs C says DO YOU KNOW HOW BAD we are?????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.