Reload this Page >

simplified application process

simplified application process

Old Jan 1st 2007, 2:25 am
Just Joined

nch103 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default simplified application process

Hi
I appllied using the simplified application process (skilled worker route) around october 20th. I know they have received my application as I got recorded delivery and it says they have on the post office website.
So i was wondering if i should email them as i have not heard a single thing back from them. Been waiting for just over 2 months.
So I hear, from this site, that the rumour is if you email them, they will put your application to the bottom of the pile.
Is this true? Should i email them now is all i wish to know? I know on this site it also says how there is a backlog for 2-3 months. But really. all they have to do is send out a quick confirmation that theyd received my application and it is being processed and id be happy!

i was also wondering...surely this process that takes a few years...they won't keep you dragging on for the two three years...then reject you at the end of it will they? if they don't want you, do they tell you this straight away?

PS as a side issue. why don't canada just get more immigration officers to go through all these apllications a bit quicker. charge each person some more fees if they need to pay more wages! i mean, it looks to be coming out at around £1000 once you take medicals and fees into account is kind of cheap if you ask me! I'd easily pay double to half the time of the process! And i'm not loaded or anything!

Last edited by nch103; Jan 1st 2007 at 2:29 am. Reason: mistake
Old Jan 1st 2007, 2:30 am
Just Joined

Default Re: simplified application process

Oops sorry. put this in the wrong forum. please can the moderator delete this and not hate me.
cheers
Old Jan 1st 2007, 2:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Washington, the original one, for now. The future - who knows?
Wearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by nch103
Hi
I appllied using the simplified application process (skilled worker route) around october 20th. I know they have received my application as I got recorded delivery and it says they have on the post office website.
So i was wondering if i should email them as i have not heard a single thing back from them. Been waiting for just over 2 months.
So I hear, from this site, that the rumour is if you email them, they will put your application to the bottom of the pile.
Is this true? Should i email them now is all i wish to know? I know on this site it also says how there is a backlog for 2-3 months. But really. all they have to do is send out a quick confirmation that theyd received my application and it is being processed and id be happy!

i was also wondering...surely this process that takes a few years...they won't keep you dragging on for the two three years...then reject you at the end of it will they? if they don't want you, do they tell you this straight away?

PS as a side issue. why don't canada just get more immigration officers to go through all these apllications a bit quicker. charge each person some more fees if they need to pay more wages! i mean, it looks to be coming out at around £1000 once you take medicals and fees into account is kind of cheap if you ask me! I'd easily pay double to half the time of the process! And i'm not loaded or anything!

I know it would be easy to confirm that they have received your application but this does not seem to be the Canadian way. If you thought there was Red tape in England, you aint seen nothing yet!

The arguement for more staff will fall on deaf ears. The only reason processing time is so long is due to quotas, not the amount of processing staff, I.e. if you only allow 50,000 visas from the UK each year, hiring more staff will not eradicate the problem of 150,000 people applying each year. They will only process the quota each year, hence the more that apply the longer the wait.

This is how I see it but I could be wrong!
Old Jan 1st 2007, 3:26 am
Just Joined

oh. well that, as canadians would say, BLOWS!
for all i know the aplication could have gotten lost down the back of a couch in their office! then i'd be sitting waiting expecting somehing to come that never will...and have wasted 3 months sitting here doing nothing! and apply again wasting another 3 months or however long it takes!!! Grrrr

candians seem so good at everything else! just need to get more friendly customs guys and sort this immigration system out and they'd be pefect.
Old Jan 1st 2007, 3:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Washington, the original one, for now. The future - who knows?
Wearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to behold

oh. well that, as canadians would say, BLOWS!
for all i know the aplication could have gotten lost down the back of a couch in their office! then i'd be sitting waiting expecting somehing to come that never will...and have wasted 3 months sitting here doing nothing! and apply again wasting another 3 months or however long it takes!!! Grrrr

candians seem so good at everything else! just need to get more friendly customs guys and sort this immigration system out and they'd be pefect.

Pecker up, as they say!

I was in Calgary post 9/11 and the way the customs officials treat people who were not white / middle class was terrible! But, it's all down to profiling I suppose!
Old Jan 1st 2007, 3:35 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

If that's what you think you may be in for a shock when you eventually do arrive in Canada.
Old Jan 1st 2007, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

brit274 is a jewel in the roughbrit274 is a jewel in the roughbrit274 is a jewel in the roughbrit274 is a jewel in the roughbrit274 is a jewel in the rough

No they don't tell you straight away. They keep you hanging on, and with the spiraling waiting times for skilled worker class at CHC's around the world it could be years and years and years....

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Michael
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

rizwan_fareed will become famous soon enough

i am in the same position as you. Have not heard anything yet but i sent my application a few weeks after you sent yours.

let me know when you receive a reply.

thanks
Old Jan 10th 2007, 4:34 am
Just Joined

yeah i'll let you know rizwan_fareed but i don't hold out any hope for it bein soon. best just to forget about it then one day will be a big surprise!
hey wearsider, i am white and middle class (well lower, but i appear middle haha). still got a gruff canadian askin me dodgy questions and sending me through to immigration and had a delay of an hour one time grrrrrrr. though to be fair, all other ones were fine. even got a giggle out of one of them once.

and JAJ whatchoo mean. what do canucks do wrong? lol