Stay in UK
55.56%
Move to Canada
44.44%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Should I move to Canada or Not?

Old Mar 22nd 2024, 1:58 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Should I move to Canada or Not?

Glad you had a mostly enjoyable trip, given the circumstances. Agree that March isn't the best time to visit!

Hope you get over again soon with more time to explore.
Old Mar 22nd 2024, 4:32 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
...Prices of houses....
The other day I came across a UK equivalent to Realtor.ca. I was looking at a part of South London where I lived for while. It is the sort of area you live in because it is all you can afford withing walking distance of a train station with a line to the City.

I saw a one bedroom maisonette, 388 sf, for £230,000. At 1.7 that is the equivalent of $1,000 per square foot. On a par with the "outrageously expensive" Vancouver.
Old Mar 22nd 2024, 9:07 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JonboyE
The other day I came across a UK equivalent to Realtor.ca. I was looking at a part of South London where I lived for while. It is the sort of area you live in because it is all you can afford withing walking distance of a train station with a line to the City.

I saw a one bedroom maisonette, 388 sf, for £230,000. At 1.7 that is the equivalent of $1,000 per square foot. On a par with the "outrageously expensive" Vancouver.
Toronto apartments go for $1000/sq. ft. I'd expect Vancouver to be a bit more expensive but nowhere near as costly as London. When my daughter bought in Vancouver 2022 I teased her that for that money she didn't have to live there, she could afford Camden Town, but we checked and, no, not quite.
Old Mar 24th 2024, 6:23 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JonboyE

Is it still an area where people live because it’s all they can afford though? Or is it somewhere like Streatham that is now super trendy and popular??