Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Shopping for Treadmill..

Shopping for Treadmill..

Old Oct 24th 2007, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

jagz is a glorious beacon of lightjagz is a glorious beacon of lightjagz is a glorious beacon of lightjagz is a glorious beacon of lightjagz is a glorious beacon of lightjagz is a glorious beacon of lightjagz is a glorious beacon of lightjagz is a glorious beacon of lightjagz is a glorious beacon of lightjagz is a glorious beacon of lightjagz is a glorious beacon of light
Default Shopping for Treadmill..

Hi,

I'm shopping for a treadmill to use in my basement (esp.., in Winter) during winter.

Any body recently bought a treadmill for home use ? How is the treadmill ? Any good deals that you know ?

My budget is about 1000$ or little more.

Thanks.
J.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 4:41 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shopping for Treadmill..

Liquidation world had a bunch going relatively cheap last time I was there. $600ish. Its a sort of alladins cave that place. Of course, its pot luck and will depend on individual store inventory.

http://www.liquidationworld.com/

Last edited by iaink; Oct 24th 2007 at 4:53 pm.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 4:50 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Every garage sale has a treadmill.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

jagz is a glorious beacon of lightjagz is a glorious beacon of lightjagz is a glorious beacon of lightjagz is a glorious beacon of lightjagz is a glorious beacon of lightjagz is a glorious beacon of lightjagz is a glorious beacon of lightjagz is a glorious beacon of lightjagz is a glorious beacon of lightjagz is a glorious beacon of lightjagz is a glorious beacon of light

But such treadmills are mostly worn out / over used. It will become tough if they break.

Originally Posted by dbd33
Every garage sale has a treadmill.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 5:55 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jagz
But such treadmills are mostly worn out / over used. It will become tough if they break.
I think it more likely that they've never been used.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 5:55 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

If anything they are probably underused...and that's why people are getting rid of them....after reality strikes and good intentions are long forgotten.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 6:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

walkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to behold

my husband bought one after getting his first nursing job! £1000! its the most expensive clothes airer ever
ive tried to sell it but no one wants it, hardley used, cluttering up my kitchen, anyone want to buy it in Yorkshire??
Old Oct 24th 2007, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

Well if that works out, it'll be lucky.
Will start crawling craigslist and kijiji.
Originally Posted by iaink
If anything they are probably underused...and that's why people are getting rid of them....after reality strikes and good intentions are long forgotten.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 7:37 pm
Assimilated Pauper

What's a treadmill for anyway? Surely if you want to work your legs you can just walk to work.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 8:55 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

I think it more likely that they've never been used.
They make a great place to hang clothes over to dry.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 8:59 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

What's a treadmill for anyway? Surely if you want to work your legs you can just walk to work.
Some of us don't work.

It's a much more controlled environment and although boring as hell to walk on, it does help in some cases.

For myself I find if I go out for a walk (meaning exercise) I tend to walk a little too fast and get painful shin splints. With the speed controlled on a treadmill that doesn't happen.

Motivation is the big issue.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 9:18 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Motivation is the big issue.
I hear you. We have an eliptical jogger / stairmaster type thingy that lacks motivation

The point of all these sort of things is winter excercise, when its dark in the mornings / evenings or just too much time or hassle to go skiing.

Gotta work on that motivation thing.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

If I have that kind of spirit, I wouldn't have even thought of a treadmill. For sure motivation is a great challenge to use a treadmill in basement compared to a Gym where there is crowd.

More over, its not always Summer in Toronto.

Old Oct 24th 2007, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

I am also targeting the 10k next October and want to finish with 5k this March.
More than running in surface, treadmills provide extra cushion (from your shoes + treadmill cushion), plus safe. Flip side is Fresh air and oxygen.

Originally Posted by iaink
I hear you. We have an eliptical jogger / stairmaster type thingy that lacks motivation

The point of all these sort of things is winter excercise, when its dark in the mornings / evenings or just too much time or hassle to go skiing.

Gotta work on that motivation thing.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 10:21 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by jagz
If I have that kind of spirit, I wouldn't have even thought of a treadmill. For sure motivation is a great challenge to use a treadmill in basement compared to a Gym where there is crowd.

More over, its not always Summer in Toronto.
I've been to Toronto. Winter or summer in Toronto I walked to work, snickering at those who drive to the gym.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.