Shipping to Vancouver Island

Shipping to Vancouver Island

Old May 19th 2007, 12:20 pm
philandhev

Location: Vancouver Island, arrived August 2007 from Derbyshire
philandhev is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipping to Vancouver Island

Hi,

We are moving to the Island in August and we are about to commision White and Co to move a full!! 40ft sole use container to Vancouver. I expect that we will have to pay an additional charge to get our stuff from the port to our destination address on the Island?

Does anyone have any companies they can recommend or any idea of costs for this? Any other suggestions gratefully received....
Old May 19th 2007, 3:32 pm
Bristolish expat

Location: Bristol ~ Nanaimo, BC ... It's a bit like Salem's Lot!!
bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping to Vancouver Island

Originally Posted by philandhev
Hi,

We are moving to the Island in August and we are about to commision White and Co to move a full!! 40ft sole use container to Vancouver. I expect that we will have to pay an additional charge to get our stuff from the port to our destination address on the Island?

Does anyone have any companies they can recommend or any idea of costs for this? Any other suggestions gratefully received....
We shipped from Bristol to Nanaimo, door to door ~ Robinsons on the UK side & Williams here..................had a few minor niggles UK side but Williams were great
Old May 19th 2007, 4:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

SarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Shipping costs that involve ferries.

Hi there,

We moved to Powell River in 2005. It's 5 1/2 hours travel time north of Vancouver and involves 2 ferries. Our location is on the mainland but faces Vancouver Island (we can see Comox).

We had only a part container shipment from England to Vancouver which cost us 1500 UK pounds. We had a quote from a Vancouver shipping company to bring our goods from the receiving agent to Powell River. The quote was nearly as much to bring the goods up to Powell River from Vancouver as our initial shipment.

We booked a cube van and went and collected everything ourselves.

However, we obviously didn't have as much stuff as you. But this option saved us $1200. As your location will also involve a ferry, it's worth investigating.

All the best,

Sarah
Old May 19th 2007, 4:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud of

Have you asked White & Co to quote you for "door to door"? That seems like a good place to start.
Old May 19th 2007, 5:15 pm
philandhev

Location: Vancouver Island, arrived August 2007 from Derbyshire
philandhev is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, yes White and Co have quoted for door to door but this is only to within 30 miles of the port at Vancouver so we will have to pay to forward it ourselves in some way.

I like the idea of a van though.
Old May 19th 2007, 5:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud of

Hhmm, a couple of quotes i have had state something like, price for door to door limited to within so many mile radius of port, unless specififed above. And then the relevant town is shown, so the price is to the final place.

Certinaly, my White and Co quote is all the way to Pemberton, ie 2.5 hours north of Vanocuver.
Old May 19th 2007, 8:57 pm

gloveman is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Whites took our stuff just over a week ago. We are in Somerset going to Vancouver Island (we actually fly out in just 45 hours time - can't wait). We had a 40' sole use container and the price quoted was for them to come to our house for 3 days and pack everything (including two motorbikes) and shipping it to Canada and delivering it to our house near Courtenay and unpacking everything and removing the rubbish. Their charge was £5300 plus insurance. Hope this helps. Angela
Old May 20th 2007, 6:01 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, yes White and Co have quoted for door to door but this is only to within 30 miles of the port at Vancouver so we will have to pay to forward it ourselves in some way.

I like the idea of a van though.
I have just shipped my stuff door to door with Fox removals to VI , not arrived yet but wont cost anymore to get to Island.
Old May 23rd 2007, 7:49 am
BE Enthusiast

bear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nice

Originally Posted by sans
I have just shipped my stuff door to door with Fox removals to VI , not arrived yet but wont cost anymore to get to Island.
Hi
I think we are to use Fox, as the place I am going to have chosen their quote. We can negotiate the shipper if needed, but were you happy with Fox so far?
jo