Just Joined

simbiantbeing is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipping from Scotland (Dumfries) to Nova Scotia

Hi Again.

Does anyone have any highly recommended shipping companies, that are
A) Good Value
B) Trustworthy
C) Rapid

I have heard bad things about Pickfords, White and Co are stupidly Expensive and some of the others I spoke too at the emigrate show had salesman that were too orange, and hence like dodgy car sales men.

Any ideas anyone?

...Also, just thought I would say that todays little 'another reason to leave the UK' thing is ......I saw in Dumfries today (my home town) 5 neds throwing stones at grieving people in the cemetary at a funeral, and then shouting a tirade of abuse at the grieving people when told by the vicar to get out. Sick, SIck, Sick. I cant wait to leave this awful country.
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 2:31 am
Dismember

scrubbedexpat074 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Shipping from Scotland (Dumfries) to Nova Scotia

Originally Posted by simbiantbeing
Hi Again.

Does anyone have any highly recommended shipping companies, that are
A) Good Value
B) Trustworthy
C) Rapid

I have heard bad things about Pickfords, White and Co are stupidly Expensive and some of the others I spoke too at the emigrate show had salesman that were too orange, and hence like dodgy car sales men.

Any ideas anyone?

...Also, just thought I would say that todays little 'another reason to leave the UK' thing is ......I saw in Dumfries today (my home town) 5 neds throwing stones at grieving people in the cemetary at a funeral, and then shouting a tirade of abuse at the grieving people when told by the vicar to get out. Sick, SIck, Sick. I cant wait to leave this awful country.
We used Robinsons, packing was great, efficient, on time. GBP3,500 for 20ft container, Brighton -> Halifax. Timing depends on when the boats leave, ours took about 17 days.
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

mart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nice

we are moving from aberdeenshire to NS and have a quote from shore porters for £2900 for a 20ft container, i know people who have used them and had no problems, they also come and pack everything for you which covers you for insurance
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 1:08 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mart2612
we are moving from aberdeenshire to NS and have a quote from shore porters for £2900 for a 20ft container, i know people who have used them and had no problems, they also come and pack everything for you which covers you for insurance
Hi Martin and Frances. Welcome to BE.

Re removal firms - thats a great price from Shoreporters especially considering the price of fuel. Last year we used White and Co (Forres) and were extremely happy with them. Guys were very efficient and everything arrived here in perfect condition. Guys at this end were brilliant too - they even offered to put together beds that were delivered that morning by Sears - we took them up on that one!!

All our goods arrived in perfect condition. We were very impressed

I have just sent you a PM as I have just realised who you are and we have in fact emailed each other many times last year. Boy, you move fast!

Last edited by Cookie; Mar 23rd 2008 at 1:22 pm.
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 2:20 pm
yeah....I can do that !

Marathonwreck 2 is a jewel in the roughMarathonwreck 2 is a jewel in the roughMarathonwreck 2 is a jewel in the roughMarathonwreck 2 is a jewel in the roughMarathonwreck 2 is a jewel in the rough

Hi Martin and co. Welcome on board. We too used White's (Forres) in June 06and were very impressed not only with them but also the people they used at this end.Excellent service and what I considered reasonable costs. .....put it this way: It cost me a LOT more to fly our 3 german shepherds and 2 siamese cats to NS.........but would I do without them???? NO WAY !!!!!
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

mikey9863 is a name known to allmikey9863 is a name known to allmikey9863 is a name known to allmikey9863 is a name known to allmikey9863 is a name known to allmikey9863 is a name known to allmikey9863 is a name known to allmikey9863 is a name known to allmikey9863 is a name known to allmikey9863 is a name known to allmikey9863 is a name known to all

can you get smaller crates or containers other than the 20ft type?
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 2:45 pm
yeah....I can do that !

Marathonwreck 2 is a jewel in the roughMarathonwreck 2 is a jewel in the roughMarathonwreck 2 is a jewel in the roughMarathonwreck 2 is a jewel in the roughMarathonwreck 2 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by mikey9863
can you get smaller crates or containers other than the 20ft type?

Hi Mikey.
You can usually get a 'share deal' but it may take a bit longer for your goods to arrive. Check with your removers.
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 3:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud of

We're using Anglo Pacific, they seem really efficient and good. Not the cheapest but my step sister used them a few years ago to go to Toronto and she was very impressed. They have quoted us for a 'very full' 20 ft crate £4988 including them packing everything etc. We are going to Alberta though and I know it costs more to Alberta than NS
Old Mar 26th 2008, 8:06 pm
Just Joined

simbiantbeing is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipping using PSS or Britannia? Thoughts??

Has anybody used Britannia or PSS International?

Any cost ideas, or opinions?

Cheers.