Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

shipping questions

shipping questions

Old Jun 14th 2010, 1:18 am
Forum Regular

adrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: shipping questions

will this stress never end .......

on the jay-stress-ometer I rate a 10.5
Old Jun 14th 2010, 7:09 am
agr
Occidentally Damaged

agr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jaye944
hi all,
got all my quotes in in order hi to low

Brytor (converted to uk£)
Shipping = £855
Insurance $2.50/$100= £2633
Total = £3488

PSS
Shipping = £1025
Insurance = 5% £500
Total = £1525

1st Move
Shipping = £670
Insurance = 4% + 5% pre. ins. tax £420
Total = £1090

Robinsons
Shipping = £580
Insurance 3% = £300
Total = £880
I can see you've already made your decision, but just wanted to point out a calculation error in the Brytor insurance - it seems to be based on about 10 times the value of goods that the other 3 are.
Old Jun 18th 2010, 2:26 am
Forum Regular

adrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond repute

I gustimated 10k value on goods,

brytor quoted $2.50 per $100, then I converted that to GBP

could have made a mistake, but dont think so

Originally Posted by agr
I can see you've already made your decision, but just wanted to point out a calculation error in the Brytor insurance - it seems to be based on about 10 times the value of goods that the other 3 are.
Old Jun 21st 2010, 5:45 am
BE Enthusiast

AllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of light

I highly recommend European Van Lines (EVL). They are based in Slough, Berkshire.

They have been good value and excellent to deal with. Our stuff is expected to arrive at Vancouver in about 5 weeks time. Total time at sea: 6 weeks. Then is the overland part from Vancouver to Calgary which will be another 2-3 days.
Old Jun 21st 2010, 6:13 am
agr
Occidentally Damaged

agr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to behold

I gustimated 10k value on goods,

brytor quoted $2.50 per $100, then I converted that to GBP

could have made a mistake, but dont think so
$2.50 per $100 is 2.5% of the value (whatever the currency). If the value is £10,000, 2.5% is £250. The stress must be affecting your maths!
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

DOH !

Originally Posted by agr
$2.50 per $100 is 2.5% of the value (whatever the currency). If the value is £10,000, 2.5% is £250. The stress must be affecting your maths!
Old Jun 24th 2010, 5:47 am

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

hi all,
got all my quotes in in order hi to low

Brytor (converted to uk£)
Shipping = £855
Insurance $2.50/$100= £2633
Total = £3488

PSS
Shipping = £1025
Insurance = 5% £500
Total = £1525

1st Move
Shipping = £670
Insurance = 4% + 5% pre. ins. tax £420
Total = £1090

Robinsons
Shipping = £580
Insurance 3% = £300
Total = £880
Brytor insurance rate is 2.5% per 100 $

This would make them the cheapest on insurance and second cheapest on the over all move
Old Jun 26th 2010, 3:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Seneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AllyS
I highly recommend European Van Lines (EVL). They are based in Slough, Berkshire.

They have been good value and excellent to deal with. Our stuff is expected to arrive at Vancouver in about 5 weeks time. Total time at sea: 6 weeks. Then is the overland part from Vancouver to Calgary which will be another 2-3 days.
I wouldn't touch this company with a barge pole. We were quoted a time for our stuff to arrive and it actually took nearly 100% longer, without explanation or apology. Enquiries had to be sent over and over again to get a reply as to where out stuff was and when we finally got a reply they gave us the wrong ship. It went on and on. I will never use EVL again.

Last edited by Seneca21; Jun 26th 2010 at 3:36 pm.