Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

shipping to nova Scotia

shipping to nova Scotia

Old Aug 1st 2005, 9:16 am
Banned

maple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nice
Default shipping to nova Scotia

Well it looks like our plans are almost finally coming together -just as well as keeping everything crossed for this long is getting more than a bit uncomfortable! I'm in the process of arranging the shipping of furniture etc to Nova Scotia. Can anyone recommend a shipping company -or more to the point are there any who you would most definately NOT recommend. All comments gratfully received!
Old Aug 1st 2005, 10:50 am
BE Enthusiast

wensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nice
Default Re: shipping to nova Scotia

Originally Posted by maple
Well it looks like our plans are almost finally coming together -just as well as keeping everything crossed for this long is getting more than a bit uncomfortable! I'm in the process of arranging the shipping of furniture etc to Nova Scotia. Can anyone recommend a shipping company -or more to the point are there any who you would most definately NOT recommend. All comments gratfully received!
Hi Maple,
we used Allied Pickfords, and we were very impressed with there service. Everything was very well wrapped and taken care of. It is all in storage in NS now. Can't really say who are not good, i'm sure other's can do that. Look forward to seeing you in NS soon.
Old Aug 1st 2005, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

scotty71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Using White and Co here .. Leeds to Halifax .. just over £3K for a 20' container .. service has been good so far but then they haven't moved the stuff yet..:-) Price includes up to 4 weeks free storage at this end ...

Originally Posted by wensamjam
Hi Maple,
we used Allied Pickfords, and we were very impressed with there service. Everything was very well wrapped and taken care of. It is all in storage in NS now. Can't really say who are not good, i'm sure other's can do that. Look forward to seeing you in NS soon.
Old Aug 1st 2005, 9:23 pm
Banned

maple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nice

Cheers - will give them a call 2morrow - have arranged for Pickfords, PPS and another one whose name i can't remember now - to do a survey next week.So should be interesting to see how their quotes vary.......

Originally Posted by scotty71
Using White and Co here .. Leeds to Halifax .. just over £3K for a 20' container .. service has been good so far but then they haven't moved the stuff yet..:-) Price includes up to 4 weeks free storage at this end ...
Old Aug 1st 2005, 10:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

SAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

We used White and co and have just had our container delivered this end. Apart from the local delivery agents used in Canada we have been impressed with the service, price and attention to detail.

SAW 04

Old Aug 1st 2005, 10:37 pm
Forum Regular

scotty71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SAW 04
Hi,

We used White and co and have just had our container delivered this end. Apart from the local delivery agents used in Canada we have been impressed with the service, price and attention to detail.

SAW 04
Mind if I ask what was the problem with the local delivery agents?
Old Aug 1st 2005, 10:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

SAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond repute

Intelligence of a pea, and failed to handlegoods to our standards. In the end I stood and watched them remove every item from the container just to ensure no boxes were thrown off.

Mind if I ask what was the problem with the local delivery agents?
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 1:50 pm
Banned

Thanks for all your replies - it finally feels as though we are on our way....yippee!
Michelle

Originally Posted by SAW 04
Intelligence of a pea, and failed to handlegoods to our standards. In the end I stood and watched them remove every item from the container just to ensure no boxes were thrown off.