Reload this Page >

shipping a motorcycle

shipping a motorcycle

Old Feb 17th 2011, 11:15 pm
Just Joined

shaunyboy247 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default shipping a motorcycle

hi all
thinking of shipping a motorcycle with my boxes when i eventually move now i know cars have to 15yrs old but not sure this is the same for a motorcycle.

when i served with the forces at BATUS i shipped one that was only a couple of years old registered it on a private canadian plate in medicine hat which i still have as i bought it outright and insured it and had no problems when i went to collect it from calgary however this was only temporary so not sure what will apply to me has anyone any idea or has anyone shipped one over.

the bike in question is a 2000 plate Honda CBR 1100 Super Blackbird
Old Feb 17th 2011, 11:40 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: shipping a motorcycle

Hi

Originally Posted by shaunyboy247
hi all
thinking of shipping a motorcycle with my boxes when i eventually move now i know cars have to 15yrs old but not sure this is the same for a motorcycle.

when i served with the forces at BATUS i shipped one that was only a couple of years old registered it on a private canadian plate in medicine hat which i still have as i bought it outright and insured it and had no problems when i went to collect it from calgary however this was only temporary so not sure what will apply to me has anyone any idea or has anyone shipped one over.

the bike in question is a 2000 plate Honda CBR 1100 Super Blackbird
Non compliant vehicles can be imported temporarily but can't remain in Canada. Here is a statement from www.riv.ca

The RIV program regulates only vehicles originally manufactured for distribution in the U.S. market. Vehicles originally manufactured to standards other than U.S. or Canadian, are not admissible. The RIV program regulates passenger cars, limousines and funeral vehicles, Class A, B and C motorhomes, multipurpose passenger vehicles (MPVs), disabled access vehicle conversions, travel van conversions, motorcycles, restricted use motorcycles, ambulance vehicles, trailers, trucks, snowmobiles (including snowmobile cutters), low speed vehicles less than 15 years old based on the date of manufacture, and buses (including school buses) manufactured on or after January 1, 1971.
Old Feb 18th 2011, 12:06 am
Just Joined

i take it from that i may as well sell it and buy one once over the water
Old Feb 18th 2011, 12:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Cdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of light

My husband has to leave his Hayabusa behind, broke his heart lol
So he sold it, it was only 3 yr old and I swear it meant more to him then most family members!!
Old Feb 18th 2011, 2:29 am
Just Joined

Lol
we do get quite atatched to them you know lots of cleaning keep it looking good buying smart parts for them as well, and it is sad to see them go when they give you smiles for miles but sadly it will have to go then maybe i'll treat myself to a ducati tri colour 1198
Old Feb 18th 2011, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

Paul_BC is an unknown quantity at this point

My 1997 kawasaki zx7r is 14 years old why didn't I buy a 96! So painfull to let go lol!
Old Feb 18th 2011, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Cdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of light

ok boys get over it lol
they are peices of metal.....steel on wheels....easily replaceable
*my husband would so disagree*
Old Feb 18th 2011, 11:52 am
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cdnshaz
ok boys get over it lol

It's looking like I may have to let my bike go too

It's a 2003 Honda Varadero XL1000V.

From here (Algarve) over the years we've (Wife and I) been to Sicily, Austria (a few times), Gdańsk (North Poland) Scotland, Ireland etc. and it's never let us down. The wee thing deserves to emigrate with us. It would be like losing a family member. Even my wife feels that way as well, so I could be on a winner because I could get a mate of mine to keep it with his bike collection here, add it to the goods to follow list and and ship it to Canada in 2018. The reunion would no doubt bring tears of joy to my face

Our MB CLK230K Cabriolet is 12 years old now... but that'll be sold before we go.
Old Feb 18th 2011, 11:57 am
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul_BC
My 1997 kawasaki zx7r is 14 years old why didn't I buy a 96! So painfull to let go lol!
Paul
Can't you add it to the goods to follow list and ship it when it's 15 year old?

It is my understanding that items on the goods to follow list do not have to be brought in within a given time frame or is it different for vehicles? Can anyone confirm this?

I need to do some more research.
Old Feb 18th 2011, 2:10 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

ok boys get over it lol
I disagree, my Ducati has not been replaced Sad thing is I could've brought it as it was old enough Also OH should've brought his Dodge Challenger, they are far too expensive here, he should have at least brought it, if only to sell it.
Old Feb 18th 2011, 3:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

jerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul_BC
Hi
Might be worth checking the actual date of manufacture, as it is close to the 15yr clause.
Sometimes vehicles are a few months older, in one case I bought a motorbike from a dealership that was manufactured nearly 2 yrs previously but was still legally considered new in the UK as it had never been registered anywhere.
cheers
jerry
Old Feb 18th 2011, 3:35 pm
Just Joined

ok boys get over it lol
lol they r more than steel on wheels they are a masterpiece of engineering and art lol
Old Feb 19th 2011, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

big ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nice

Dont forget guys its another test to ride your new bikes in Canada
Old Feb 19th 2011, 10:16 am
All Sooked up!

Originally Posted by big ron
Dont forget guys its another test to ride your new bikes in Canada
Are you saying that although (in BC for example) they will swap a UK car licence for a BC car licence, they will not do the same for the UK motorcycle entitlement?
Old Feb 19th 2011, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

big ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nice

Dont know about BC. but in Ontario you can only exchange your car licence,a new test is required for a motorcycle,It sucks, I have had my m/cycle ticket 47 yrs. in the u/k no accidents but I am not considered fit to ride on their roads.Got to sell my lovely Aprilia Caponord ,pissed off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.