Reload this Page >

Shipping mechanics tools

Shipping mechanics tools

Old Oct 29th 2007, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

daveh123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipping mechanics tools

Hi

I am shipping my tools over to Calgary soon, as well as a few boxes of other stuff. Can anyone who has done this tell me if they left the tools in the roll cab or put them in boxes and shipped the roll cab empty. I am worried about things going missing, and also if it worth just buying a new tool box when we get there.
Thanks, Dave.
Old Oct 29th 2007, 7:26 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping mechanics tools

Originally Posted by daveh123
Hi

I am shipping my tools over to Calgary soon, as well as a few boxes of other stuff. Can anyone who has done this tell me if they left the tools in the roll cab or put them in boxes and shipped the roll cab empty. I am worried about things going missing, and also if it worth just buying a new tool box when we get there.
Thanks, Dave.
Shipped mine in a locked cabinet and had no problem.
Old Oct 30th 2007, 2:36 am
Prince Albert SK

handyandy is a jewel in the roughhandyandy is a jewel in the roughhandyandy is a jewel in the roughhandyandy is a jewel in the roughhandyandy is a jewel in the rough

Hi All
This is just a note I shipped my tools over to Prince Albert in SK and got hit by the customs for bringing in tools for my trade. I was very unlucky to get hit, but it does seem correct. Anything that you can do to get away from saying the tools are for your job and just for pleasure the better it is.
just think the customs had a bad day and needed to make some extra money.

All the best
Old Oct 30th 2007, 4:36 pm
To Infinity and Beyond

Dive06 has much to be proud ofDive06 has much to be proud ofDive06 has much to be proud ofDive06 has much to be proud ofDive06 has much to be proud ofDive06 has much to be proud ofDive06 has much to be proud ofDive06 has much to be proud ofDive06 has much to be proud ofDive06 has much to be proud ofDive06 has much to be proud of

Hi

Thanks, Dave.
I shipped my roll cab as is, just taped up any boxes of drill bits etc and secured the drawers. I also fashioned a large aluminium U shaped channel to go down the front of it to stop any drawers from being jemmied open etc (more for security in work then transporting). Then it just went to the shippers as is, wrapped in bubble wrap weighing a ton Even left the wheels on!
Old Oct 30th 2007, 5:23 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Hubby shipped two toolboxes - full up and locked. He bought himself 2 newer ones just before we moved. His was rather old and knackered and after researching prices for Snap On and Mac boxes figured it was cheaper to buy almost new 2nd hand in the UK and ship than it was to buy new in Canada.
Old Oct 30th 2007, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for your replies.
I hope that I am not stung for that importing tax when it lands!!
Old Oct 30th 2007, 8:03 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your replies.
I hope that I am not stung for that importing tax when it lands!!
Don't label them as mechanics tools - just use tools on the form - might help. We didn't pay any extra tax. When you do your tax returns you can claim a load back for shipping and moving expenses too.
Old Oct 30th 2007, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the advice, I'll bear that in mind when I pack. That will be good if we can claim some money back aswell.

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
Don't label them as mechanics tools - just use tools on the form - might help. We didn't pay any extra tax. When you do your tax returns you can claim a load back for shipping and moving expenses too.
Old Oct 31st 2007, 4:42 am
BE Enthusiast

jerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
Hi
I shipped a lot of 'hobby' tools with our stuff,
About seven tool boxes in all .
I had no problems anywhere.
Cheers
Jerry