Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Shipping goods without visa

Shipping goods without visa

Old Oct 20th 2007, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

TinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping goods without visa

Hi guys,

well it really does seem to contradict what we were told unless the COPR arrives in the next 4 weeks it looks like we will be turning up and getting a WP issued at Calgary, and from this thread at least one person did it that way! i'm desperately trying not to get too anxious and really hope it will be okay. It all seemed to be going fast and smoothly and in the space of a couple of weeks the fear and panic has set in i suddenly feel all the factors are stacked against us now. i know it will all work out one way or another................thanks everyone
Old Oct 20th 2007, 3:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Journeyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by TinaH
Hi guys,

well it really does seem to contradict what we were told unless the COPR arrives in the next 4 weeks it looks like we will be turning up and getting a WP issued at Calgary, and from this thread at least one person did it that way! i'm desperately trying not to get too anxious and really hope it will be okay. It all seemed to be going fast and smoothly and in the space of a couple of weeks the fear and panic has set in i suddenly feel all the factors are stacked against us now. i know it will all work out one way or another................thanks everyone
Tina

Most of the posters here have "been there and done that", things do have a way of sorting themselves out. Just make sure that you do not ship anything that you will need immediately or readily in Canada specifically paperwork. We bit the bullet and packed a large suitcase full of supporting paperwork it weighed a mighty 45 Kg of over baggage allowance (not cheap but worth it).

Make sure you pack the thermals Calgary's lined up for a brutal winter this year, something to do with the floods around the world (global warming).

Best of Luck
Thomas
Old Oct 20th 2007, 6:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TinaH
Hi guys,

I'd be hopeful that the people who deal with this day in, day out at customs will know the rules I'm sure you just got a confused person who gave you misinformation on the helpline. Loads of non-PRs bring their stuff in, there's even a section for "those who haven't applied for PR but who intend to" (i.e. visitors!) in the link I gave you. There shouldn't be any problem or duty levied at all - besides, you don't have to sort out that end of it until you get your actual container delivered and you have a customs appointment to clear it and do the paperwork. The people in that office will *certainly* know that non-PRs can bring in their used goods!
Old Oct 21st 2007, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

TinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the re assurance, it is definitely needed right now