Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Severe weather warning!!

Severe weather warning!!

Old Jul 11th 2006, 2:06 pm
mañana is my busiest day

oceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Severe weather warning!!

Originally Posted by Bleech
It was 37 degrees here the otherday then a storm hit in about 5 mins complete with hail stones!! How can it be really hot then hailing the next min? It soon passed and was back to the same heat again, cool, but very confusing
The temperature deceases nearly 2 deg. C for every 1,000 ft. increase in altitude. At 40,000 (altitude) the temp. can be -40 C or colder. The cloud tops that produce hail can be much higher than that. The hail stones are too large to melt before they get to the ground even if the temp. is rather high near the ground.
Old Jul 11th 2006, 2:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Craftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
WOW! Awesome!

I have to say the last couple of afternoons storms have been a factor in deciding to move to Calgary! I absolutely forgot about how much I love them. They give a serious high!
I wish we had decent thunderstorms here. I bet your lil' pet beaver does back flips during the storm, mawhahahahaha
Old Jul 11th 2006, 2:54 pm
mañana is my busiest day

oceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
WOW! Awesome!

I have to say the last couple of afternoons storms have been a factor in deciding to move to Calgary! I absolutely forgot about how much I love them. They give a serious high!
Thunderstorms in the Windsor-Toronto corridor are even more impressive than what Calgary gets.