Reload this Page >

sending suitcases back to europe

sending suitcases back to europe

Old Apr 22nd 2015, 5:23 am
Just Joined

Irishlady is an unknown quantity at this point
Default sending suitcases back to europe

Hello all,

I will be returning permanently to Europe.

I want to send back some suitcases with clothes.

What is the cheapest way to send suitcases with clothes back to Europe?

Should I use the post office, dhl or another method?

Thank you,
Louise Mc namara
Old Apr 22nd 2015, 8:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: sending suitcases back to europe

Originally Posted by Irishlady
Hello all,

I will be returning permanently to Europe.

I want to send back some suitcases with clothes.

What is the cheapest way to send suitcases with clothes back to Europe?

Should I use the post office, dhl or another method?

Thank you,
Louise Mc namara
Europe is big, so you might have to be more specific.
Old Apr 22nd 2015, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

bigshark is a glorious beacon of lightbigshark is a glorious beacon of lightbigshark is a glorious beacon of lightbigshark is a glorious beacon of lightbigshark is a glorious beacon of lightbigshark is a glorious beacon of lightbigshark is a glorious beacon of lightbigshark is a glorious beacon of lightbigshark is a glorious beacon of lightbigshark is a glorious beacon of lightbigshark is a glorious beacon of light

I would use dedicated couriers such as DHL, fedex or UPS as they operate world wide. unlike these couriers, the local postal services (Canada post?) are only responsible for the shipping up to the point where they hand over the items to the local postal service (i.e. royal mail, an post etc.), which then becomes their responsibility.

Speaking from experience, I sent some important documents once via Royal Mail and I paid for recorded + tracking etc.. the documents were tracked to the destination country however thats where it stopped, it never made it to the final destination. An 'investigation' was launched only to tell me that RM completed their part and it was lost at the other end, and the other postal service claimed they never received it. useful!!

Using a courier that operates world wide should eliminate this issue as they would be responsible for the items from collection / drop-off to delivery. You may also find that the prices can be quite competitive as well. If you use the local post office, by the time you add on insurance, tracking, etc., it can end up costing more in some cases!
Old Apr 22nd 2015, 7:52 pm
Proudly Scarberian

Pizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond repute

We flew half dozen suitcases over on Air Canada cargo; we had to drop them at Heathrow freight terminal (no bother) and collect it Toronto Pearson a few days later. I think it was cheaper than fedex/ DHL but it's not door-door, and you have to time it at the same time you're flying or you won't be able to do the pickup. (there's a day or so leaway.

If you have helpful friends at either end though it should be a doddle.
Old Apr 22nd 2015, 8:01 pm
Just Joined

Irishlady is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all,

I want the suitcases to travel from Vancouver to Geneva, Switzerland.

Thanks for the information that you all provided so far!
Old Apr 24th 2015, 2:03 am
BE Enthusiast

foreigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond repute

Try sendmybag.com or parcel2go.com