Reload this Page >

Sending personal belongings by air freight

Sending personal belongings by air freight

Old Jun 14th 2013, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

BobbyN will become famous soon enoughBobbyN will become famous soon enough
Default Sending personal belongings by air freight

Hi all

Before anyone advises, i have used the search to find threads on people who have sent belongings back from Canada to UK.

Previously I used transglobal express to send my person items (large boxes) from UK to Toronto and they were great (Apart from customs holding my items all the time).

I looked at some of the threads but most are to do with shipping/containers or small packages. The companies I did contact are charging 400+ pounds to send two 40kg boxes back home of my clothing etc...

Can anyone recommend some companies, i understand that generally Toronto is going to be pricier but compared to UK 400+ is taking the mick
Old Jun 14th 2013, 6:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

haggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sending personal belongings by air freight

i used FEDEX to get 3x 25kg boxes here, and they were very reasonable with their price and speed!
Old Jun 14th 2013, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by haggis88
i used FEDEX to get 3x 25kg boxes here, and they were very reasonable with their price and speed!
Hey Haggis - can you give more details? From where to where? Plus how much was 'reasonable'?
Old Jun 14th 2013, 8:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

haggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond repute

Ayrshire to Calgary, sent on Friday of one week, delivered on Thursday of the next.

I can't remember the exact price as my company paid it, but it was around the £200-£250 mark!
Old Jun 14th 2013, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by haggis88
Ayrshire to Calgary, sent on Friday of one week, delivered on Thursday of the next.

I can't remember the exact price as my company paid it, but it was around the £200-£250 mark!

Okay from UK it is easier and cheaper.

I am looking for Toronto to UK so will see what they quote.

Thanks Haggis
Old Aug 5th 2013, 3:23 am
Forum Regular

S_elliott52 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've just shipped 5 15kg boxes from UK to vancouver for £185 with FedEx via parcel2go.com. I used the economy service which should have taken upto 5 days, but my items were in vancouver within 2 days. I chose to collect from the FedEx office near the airport as I work shifts and wasn't sure I would be in to receive them. The staff were helpful and called a taxi for me to get home with the boxes. Just be warned parcel2go advise me that FedEx didn't accept clothing, but on contacting FedEx they were happy to ship clothes as long as I put the reason for shipping clothes on the air bill. I think parcel2go may have told me this as the next lowest shipping cost was using their own service, but it was over £200 more!!!!!
Old Aug 5th 2013, 3:45 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BobbyN
Okay from UK it is easier and cheaper.

I am looking for Toronto to UK so will see what they quote.

Thanks Haggis
I would suggest posting in the Moving back to the UK forum as you are more likely to get responses that are relative.

You can find it here: http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=61