Selling house!!!

Old Feb 14th 2010, 5:57 am
Forum Regular

heidi40 will become famous soon enoughheidi40 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Selling house!!!

Many Thanks.
Old Feb 14th 2010, 6:11 am
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by heidi40
We have rather large house and I think it would be more difficult to let bigger properties. May be I am wrong.
Still speak with a local Lettings agent and check out similar sized properties for let in your area if any .
A rough guide is about £200-£250 dependant on your location to find and sign up a tenant and for a fully managed rental service your looking at about 10% of your monthly rental.

Hope this helps
Old Feb 14th 2010, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

BMM69 has a brilliant futureBMM69 has a brilliant futureBMM69 has a brilliant futureBMM69 has a brilliant futureBMM69 has a brilliant futureBMM69 has a brilliant future

We have rather large house and I think it would be more difficult to let bigger properties. May be I am wrong.
Hi Heidi,

I know how you feel. When we applied through SW in 2007, we downsized as we didn't want the move to be jepordized by the sale of the house. We didn't want to rent it out either as we had put a lot into the house and couldn't afford for it to be a vacant rental. We sold just as the market was turning and bought a smaller house. However never expected the market to go as bad as it did. We are scrubbing and painting before estate agents give us their views next week. Its never ending.

Good luck with the house and move.
BMM
Old Feb 14th 2010, 10:21 am
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
I would challenge the estate agent as the HIP is legally yours once it is done on your property. You may have entered into an agreement with your agent to reimburse them £500 if you dispense with their services....that will be a contract you will have to honour...but the Hips is your property.

We recently had one done and it was the Energy Assessor who told me that. I only paid £160 for mine by agreeing to use the conveyancing service of the Estate Agent. If we do not want to stay with the agent, then as long as we still use the conveyancing, we would not have to pay anything further. But hey...we are going to need conveyancing....(thinking positively) and that was a good price.
lol
Stef

Thanks for your reply. We have so many viewers. I made sure the house is immaculate before each viewing. Taking it out of the market is a bit costly because we have to pay for new hips pack.(500 pounds). We probably wait few more months and then reconsider.
Old Feb 14th 2010, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

heidi40 will become famous soon enoughheidi40 will become famous soon enough

you guys rock. Many thanks to all replies.
Old Feb 15th 2010, 6:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Yelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really nice

Sepends on location and competition - we have rented ours (5 bed - it let within two weeks and we had three parties interested) but I would concur that the larger it is, the harder it is to find good quality renters. A good letting agent should find them though.

To see what is on the market near your home try:

www.fish4homes.co.uk
www.rightmove.co.uk

Last edited by Yelkcub; Feb 15th 2010 at 6:33 am.