Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Self pack container - Manchester

Self pack container - Manchester

Old Jan 8th 2011, 11:01 am
BE Enthusiast

delsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud of
Default Self pack container - Manchester

Hi - we are interested in getting some quotes for a self pack 20ft container option from Manchester to Calgary.

Can any one recommend any companies? I have done some search and most of the ones mentioned in past seem to be based in the south of England.

Cheers,

Alastair.
Old Jan 8th 2011, 2:04 pm
No really, it doesn't

jimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Self pack container - Manchester

Try http://www.eliteshipping.co.uk/

they are based further up north and do good deals on 20ft self pack containers I have been told.
Old Jan 8th 2011, 2:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by delsol79
Hi - we are interested in getting some quotes for a self pack 20ft container option from Manchester to Calgary.

Can any one recommend any companies? I have done some search and most of the ones mentioned in past seem to be based in the south of England.

Cheers,

Alastair.
Hi, this might not be of interest to you but worth a mention. We're considering the diy version but with a difference. We contacted the local removal firm we have used several times and they will pack the container for £60 per hour. This still works out much cheaper but at the same time they know how to pack meaning you get more in and you're less likely to find that things get broken along the way...
Worth a thought

Nicky
Old Jan 13th 2011, 11:08 am
BE Enthusiast

delsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud of

Cheers for the info.

I am starting to get quotes in now and just trying to compare them all. Most are from door in Manchester to Calgary rail ramp so from there i would need to clear customs and arrange for onward transport etc. Might be more of a headache than first thought!
Old Jan 13th 2011, 1:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

farjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi...I used http://www.kflshippingservices.com/3104/frames.php last April. Cost £2600 for a 20ft self load from North Wales to Calgary. Absolutely no problems at all. The guys name is Paul, really helpful fella. Hope that helps.

EDIT: That price was door to door (we live approx 2.5 hours from Calgary)....had 3 hours to pack the container in the UK (only need 1.5 hours) and 1 hour to unpack it this end....I know that doesn't sound a lot of time but we emptied it in 45 minutes!!

Last edited by farjojo71; Jan 13th 2011 at 1:19 pm.
Old Jan 14th 2011, 5:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

I've been dealing with this company and I was quoted £2300 approx for 40'. The service is from my current address to my new address in NS but I still need to get a quote for insurance and clearance...

http://www.selfpackshipping.com/default.asp
Old Jan 20th 2011, 2:30 am
Forum Regular

Hammerhead786 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Alastair,

Don't know if you've managed to get this organised yet, but you might want to give Marco Services in Manchester a try. I used them when I moved to Toronto.

Regards,
Hamid