Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Seeking some advice

Seeking some advice

Old Apr 1st 2012, 7:31 pm
Just Joined

ceritom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Seeking some advice

Hello, I have been running my own light haulage business since 2008 and I have also had my HGV class 1 for 16 years. I appreciate that I'll have to obtain my Ontario driving licences should I come to Canada, which I am prepared to do.

We are looking at moving out to the Ottawa area where my brother lives and is a permanent resident and has been since 2008.

Is there anyone that can offer some advice how I achieve a written offer of employment in the driving or transportation sector?

I have submitted my resume to some driving agencies but seem to be hitting a wall

Thanks in advance.
Ceri.
Old Apr 1st 2012, 9:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Seeking some advice

Try this link
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Truck_Driving_in_Canada
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 9:07 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ceritom
Is there anyone that can offer some advice how I achieve a written offer of employment in the driving or transportation sector?
Hi, and welcome to BE.

Don't forget that you'll need more than just a 'written offer of employment' to get a visa, you'll also need the employer to apply for a LMO for you (to prove they have advertised the job across Canada and been unable to find a Canadian willing, or able, to do the job). Once you've got your job offer letter and LMO, then you can get a visa.

Not heard of anybody gettting a TWP for trucking in Ontario but other provinces such as SK or MB seem to be where most head, so maybe consider expanding your job search? And the trucking forum on here is well worth a read too.

Good luck.
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 7:35 pm
Just Joined

ceritom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Hi i have just had a quick look, thank you very much i have got plenty to read on.
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 8:32 pm
Just Joined

sonnyjames is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ceritom
I have submitted my resume to some driving agencies but seem to be hitting a wall
Probably not a good sales pitch if you're looking for a job in the driving sector.

Good luck