Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Seeking senior IT people in Calgary

Seeking senior IT people in Calgary

Old Jun 19th 2006, 5:18 am
Cowtown

Default Seeking senior IT people in Calgary

It's been a while since I've been here ... yes, life can be good for Brit immigrants in Canada with IT skills! Two vehicles, two homes, all the rest, etc, etc, etc, whatever, yadda yadda yadda ... you work at it in Canada, you get it, but sometimes it takes time.

Anyhoo, I'm now Managing Consultant for a Canadian & US IT Consultancy who are expanding into western Canada.

If you have demonstrable consultancy skills and you're experienced & certfied in MS & major vendors, please PM me.

If you feel offended by this post, mcuh apologies ... whatever ... go ahead and post on Monster & Workopolis, I'm sure you'll get a job sooner or later.

Live long & prosper!

Old Jun 19th 2006, 7:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Craftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Seeking senior IT people in Calgary

Originally Posted by Cowtown
It's been a while since I've been here ... yes, life can be good for Brit immigrants in Canada with IT skills! Two vehicles, two homes, all the rest, etc, etc, etc, whatever, yadda yadda yadda ... you work at it in Canada, you get it, but sometimes it takes time.

Anyhoo, I'm now Managing Consultant for a Canadian & US IT Consultancy who are expanding into western Canada.

If you have demonstrable consultancy skills and you're experienced & certfied in MS & major vendors, please PM me.

If you feel offended by this post, mcuh apologies ... whatever ... go ahead and post on Monster & Workopolis, I'm sure you'll get a job sooner or later.

Live long & prosper!
I have pm'd you.
Old Jun 19th 2006, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

JezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really nice

Cowtown, you have (another) PM
Old Jun 19th 2006, 1:15 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Good to see you are still alive and sounds like its going great. Congrats!
Old Jun 19th 2006, 4:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute

please PM me.
Done!
Old Jun 19th 2006, 4:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Live long & prosper!

You're back?
Old Jun 19th 2006, 4:59 pm
mañana is my busiest day

oceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to behold

Live long & prosper!
That's excellent.... good to know that things are going well for you. Looks like your move to Calgary was well timed..... look at the housing price increases!
Old Jun 19th 2006, 5:02 pm
mañana is my busiest day

oceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to behold

BTW, where is your 2nd home?
Old Jun 20th 2006, 12:35 am
Cowtown

Originally Posted by oceanMDX
BTW, where is your 2nd home?
So far south it's almost in the US ...

Old Jun 20th 2006, 12:37 am
Cowtown

That's excellent.... good to know that things are going well for you. Looks like your move to Calgary was well timed..... look at the housing price increases!
The house price increases are a pain in the butt ... it's made Calgary more expensive than Toronto ... so it's difficult to persuade people to move east!

Old Jun 20th 2006, 12:39 am
Cowtown

Originally Posted by willmore
You're back?
Nope ... you've over indulged in the wacky baccy again ...

Nope, I'm not back ... I just thought about all those threads about how hard it was to get IT jobs in Calgary ... I'm setting up a team, so I thought why not give it a go ...

Old Jun 20th 2006, 12:43 am
Cowtown

Originally Posted by iaink
Good to see you are still alive and sounds like its going great. Congrats!
Still alive despite a season of coaching lacrosse ... might as well have been running around with a target stuck on my shirt.

Life has been busy ... Calgary is booming!!

Old Jun 20th 2006, 12:46 am
Cowtown

Should also have qualified that we're looking for people with hands on deployment experience in a large enterprise environment ... I know there are companies out there looking for developers, but not mine right now ...

Old Jun 20th 2006, 4:01 am
mañana is my busiest day

So far south it's almost in the US ...
Osoyoos, BC?
Old Jun 20th 2006, 4:56 am
Cowtown

Osoyoos, BC?
In the southern Alberta banana belt ... when you look at the Chinook Arch from Calgary, we're under it ... looking at the Arch from the other side is like something from Spielberg ... blue skies above with an ominous wall of cloud ahead.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.