Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Seeing a consultant (doctor) privately in Canada

Seeing a consultant (doctor) privately in Canada

Old Jul 24th 2012, 6:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Seeing a consultant (doctor) privately in Canada

Originally Posted by JonboyE
Yes it is, but I don't agree that this restriction is unique. I contract to provide services and it is common for the contract to include a provision that I don't solicit my client's clients.

We can all accept there are rights that go with citizenship and/or residence that should not be dependent on the amount of money someone can afford to pay. Access to due process of law is one. The right to medical treatment based on need is another in my opinion.

The day may come where doctors refer complicated, long-term chronic conditions to their private practice and leave the quick and profitable acute conditions in the public system. Until such time I am convinced that private health care is more about private profit than public good.
I cannot argue with anything you have said here.