Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

See you on the other side

See you on the other side

Old Apr 6th 2007, 1:38 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: See you on the other side

Paul,

You have had the belief that you would make it this far, keep the happy thoughts mate and the family will be with you before you know it.

Keep us up to date as often as possible and GOOD LUCK.

Butch.
Old Apr 6th 2007, 3:00 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

All the best Paul and best wishes for a great future in Moncton.
Chances are I'll get a business trip to Moncton later this year so look forward to sharing a beer sometime!

Ax
Old Apr 6th 2007, 3:13 pm
AntiWinge Freedom fighter

Bleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond repute

Paul,
You really deserve this as you've worked harder than anyone I know (err well sort of know! ) to make it this far (I'd probablly include Crafty Banshee as well in the short list of 2).
Good luck to you, hope it all goes to plan. If you're ever over this side of the country, make sure you give me a buzz.
All the best.
Old Apr 6th 2007, 3:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Tangram
Well,

the family goodbyes have been done over the past week. My mum is a bit happier as I have explained where we are going, what's happening, what's out there, what the company is like etc etc and she said now that she understands a bit more she is a lot happier. Still going to miss us but happy that we aren't going into something blind.

Anyway, we are going over to friends in Windsor for the weekend with me saying goodbye to my wife and daughter on Sunday night; my flight is Monday at noon. Thought this would be better than a hurried goodbye at the airport and we think it will be easier for my daughter leaving with her mum than watching me leaving at the airport.

As I am staying with friends at least I will be online straight away and able to iChat with family back home as on my last trip over I treated my daughter to a new MacBook, so we are both Mac-enabled !

Lots of mixed feelings tonight
- filled up with tears when I stood in my daughter's room looking at her stuff
- excited about going out and starting my new job
- stressed that I want to get all my docs back to CIC to support my PRV application as soon as possible
- pissed off with CIC for not sorting out our WPs within 6 1/2 weeks
- fearful that I don't come up to my company's expections

and loads of other emotions, including what the F$£% am I doing leaving a well paid job and leaving my family to struggle through selling our property we bought 6 months ago.

I couldn't believe it when others said they had second thoughts just before they left, I laughed to myself..... but it's real.

My company have said they already consider me a permanent employee despite the temporary status and I know it's a great opportunity that cannot be missed....just think of sitting here in the Cotswolds in 10 years time and thinking what if ?

Anyway.... I have brain dumped for far too long. Just waiting for the family to come back tonight ( Chitty Chitty Bang Bang in Bristol tonight....unfortunate timing but my daighter was looking forward to it ).

Speak to you all soon from a far chillier Moncton.

Paul.
Hi Paul and family
I second all the good thoughts that everyone on here has posted wishing you all the best in Moncton and that your family wont be to far behind you
Old Apr 6th 2007, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

Adbru has a brilliant futureAdbru has a brilliant futureAdbru has a brilliant futureAdbru has a brilliant futureAdbru has a brilliant futureAdbru has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Re: See you on the other side

Hi Paul,

as above, best of luck and good fortune

Just enjoy the ride then come back on here with lots of words of wisdom for the rest of us

safe trip

Adbru
Old Apr 6th 2007, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

MonkeyMagic has a brilliant futureMonkeyMagic has a brilliant futureMonkeyMagic has a brilliant futureMonkeyMagic has a brilliant futureMonkeyMagic has a brilliant futureMonkeyMagic has a brilliant future

Hi Paul,
As has been said by many others, best of luck, focus on the eventual outcome and it'll all happen before you know it

Hopefully you'll get some time once you've reached the promised land to document some of your experiences - I may well be in a similar position myself later in the year, so would be very keen to hear how it went.

have a good trip,

stu
Old Apr 6th 2007, 8:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Paul

Had to add my little Good Luck Message too.

SAYING GOODBYE - This will be the hardest thing that you and your wife and daughter will have to do. Just typing this is bringing back how much hurt it was for me and Phil and the kids. It was heart wrenching at the Airport watching him walk away from us - I guess what I am trying to say is that you have probably made the right decision not letting them come to the Airport with you.

I left Phil at 10.30 he was flying at 11.40 and he stopped crying at Glasgow when they drpped down to pick up there. So it was heart wrenching.

STAYING WITH FRIENDS - Same as Phil - you find that this is so supporting as you will have them there to ask any "stoopid" questions to. I know that stuff and people my friends have known have been invaluable to Phil. Use their Knowledge as much as you can and you wont go far wrong.

Your OP gave me an insight to how Phil was feeling those last few days before he flew - Thanks for that - as he must have had so many of the same feelings as you and explains how he sometime felt "distant" lose last couple of days we spent together.

STARTING YOUR JOB - Well you will find that everyone will be so supportive of you at work and that they will understand how it is for you. Phil has had terrific support from everyone he works with - just little bits of stuff. The biggest problem at work that Phil has had was people helping him with things and not wanting anything in return - so unlike the UK.

I am sure that this will work out for you Paul it will just be a little hard getting used to being a "singleton" whilst you wait for everyone to join you. Also remember to tell MrsTangram to email or pm me if she needs that little bit of support or someone to chat to about how things are.

Lots of Love and Luck in this new chapter of your new life

Gaynor
x
Old Apr 6th 2007, 9:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

RodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of light

Wow, at last you deserve it m8 go and enjoy, all the best for you and your family hope you're re-united soon.

Rosie
Old Apr 7th 2007, 12:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Arris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond repute

All the very best & good luck with everything

Arris
Old Apr 7th 2007, 1:16 am
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

All the very best Paul. Glad that you have friends to help you out when you land. Thats a real bonus for you.

It will be very hard to say goodbye and you are wise not to do it at the airport. Just keeping reminding yourself its only temporary and all the groundwork you do in NB whilst waiting for them to come over will mean that their move will be a lot easier. They will be soooo excited to finally fly over and it will be great that you will already be familiar with the area.

Good luck - it'll all work out just fine
Old Apr 7th 2007, 3:36 am

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Well it's about friggin' time!

Old Apr 7th 2007, 7:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Lisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud of

Good luck Paul. This will be us too in June when Darren goes on ahead and we follow a few weeks after, so I also felt quite emotional reading both your and Gaynor's posts. But keep strong till your family join you and all the very best of luck in your new job.

Lisa
Old Apr 7th 2007, 12:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond repute

My best wishes and welcome to Canada
Yoong
Old Apr 7th 2007, 2:12 pm
talking Ter Sami

acer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck.
Old Apr 7th 2007, 5:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute

BEst wishes- have been following your updates and I hope it all goes really well

Gryphea

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.