Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

The second most popular destination...?

The second most popular destination...?

Old Jun 26th 2003, 6:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

TimEh? is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The second most popular destination...?

Canada: The second most popular destination for British expatriates.

Is it really?

After reading those words many times in the Forum's "Lifestyle & Culture" list, I want to challenge that assumption: I believe that FAR more (twice as many) expats go to the States these days than to Canada.
Old Jun 26th 2003, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

Applicant is an unknown quantity at this point

Could be a possibility! A lot of my Canadian friends (native) were all working in the US up until the recession hit hard. All were on TN1 visas. Some went back, some find work thru contacts in Canada, and most constantly keep in touch probably come down to the states ones the economy catches on!

I worked for financial services in boston & NYC and often came across loads of Canadian people in the states. I can't say the same is true the other way around - Americans moving to Canada for work!

Anyways, however you feel - its really in our best interest to move on, find something constructive to do and get going with our lives.

Don't really have a head count on Brits moving to US, but sure you'll find a load of tourists in NYC and other US cities at any given day.