Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Season passes- skiing from Calgary

Season passes- skiing from Calgary

Old Jun 6th 2007, 8:49 pm
throw caution to the wind

louise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Season passes- skiing from Calgary

Originally Posted by gryphea
I've been looking at all the ski resorts and most seem to only do group lessons from aged 6, only lake louise seems to do them from 5. They do do wee kiddies ones on the magic carpet- but he's a bit better than that. I also looked at COP and they just do group lessons from 6 too- did you get group lessons throught the club?

Gryphea
The little girl that I look after is 4 and did 5 lessons (group) at COP last winter.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 2:48 am
Banned

Helen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by gryphea
Just wanted to know from the Calgarian skiers (smelly?) whether any of you have season passes , and if so where for and are they worth it? I have noticed some are on pre-season prices and wondered whether any are worth getting for your first season?

Have noticed the tri area pass is pricey but the Lake Louise/Fernie/Kimberly/Nikiska pass is quite good value

What are all your thoughts?

Gryphea

When we came over we had never ever skied and so brought the lake louise/nakiska/kimberley. We had lessons at COP and learnt enough to ski down cop and then hit naksika which is a great family resort to learn on. Then the following year we did a full variety from Lake Louise, kimberly and Nakiska. You get the 1/3/7 day free and the other days cheaper, and one visit to Lake Louise covers the cost.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 5:50 am
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Helen Parnell
When we came over we had never ever skied and so brought the lake louise/nakiska/kimberley. We had lessons at COP and learnt enough to ski down cop and then hit naksika which is a great family resort to learn on. Then the following year we did a full variety from Lake Louise, kimberly and Nakiska. You get the 1/3/7 day free and the other days cheaper, and one visit to Lake Louise covers the cost.
Thnaks

Good for you for taking it up!

I thought Nakiska looked good for families

Gryphea
Old Jun 7th 2007, 5:53 am
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by louise033
The little girl that I look after is 4 and did 5 lessons (group) at COP last winter.

Thanks - there site seems to have switched to summer now- funny that

Gryph
Old Jun 7th 2007, 5:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by leepee
Cubs and Cougers was from three yrs I think - Max was 3 1/2 when he started...Having said that I forgot that your little guy has already done the basics...Max just did six lessons and then we headed for the mountains!!! You sure you need him to have more lessons??

I do know that Max could start snowboarding lessons at COP at four years...

Well - he doesn't take instruction well from us- but takes it brilliantly from others. Also it gives us time to ski!

Gryph
Old Jun 7th 2007, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

leepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to behold

The site changes because in the summer COP reinvents itself as a mountain biking area....We were up there last week and it is pretty good...Nakiska is good although I think it was Nakiska that had fewer runs suitable for little kiddies than you might expect...Will check with hubby as he was the one who took Max there....Sunshine was definitely our boy's favourite!!!
L