Reload this Page >

Scuba diving in Calgary

Scuba diving in Calgary

Old Jul 9th 2006, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

boredinblighty is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Scuba diving in Calgary

Hi

Does anyone have any experience of diving in Calgary and surrounding areas as its a passion of mine and was hoping not to have to travel too far.

Philip
Old Jul 9th 2006, 8:36 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scuba diving in Calgary

Just to show I'm taking you seriously I quote from this site:

http://calgary.foundlocally.com/Spor...-ScubaDive.htm

"In the Calgary area, you can dive at lake Minnewanka, a shallow lake just inside Banff National Park, and advanced divers may try Ghost Lake (about 50 kilometres west of Calgary, 20 kilometres past Cochrane), where the Ghost River joins the Bow River. Ghost Lake is deep and COLD year-round, and on hot summer days be alert for windsurfers at the surface."

Or you can "Google" "Scuba diving calgary" with this result:

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=...e+Search&meta=

It still gave me pause when I read your question tho ..... I wouldn't have thought Calgary was the most obvious place to live if your passion is scuba diving.
Old Jul 9th 2006, 9:49 pm
Forum Regular

It still gave me pause when I read your question tho ..... I wouldn't have thought Calgary was the most obvious place to live if your passion is scuba diving. [/QUOTE]

Thanks for that. Ghost lake I know well as we have family in Cochrane.

Yes you are right about the land locked location but I wanted vancouver and the wife wanted calgary and we flipped a coin, Go figure who won!!!

Philip
Old Jul 10th 2006, 12:37 am
BE Enthusiast

frankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by boredinblighty
Hi

Does anyone have any experience of diving in Calgary and surrounding areas as its a passion of mine and was hoping not to have to travel too far.

Philip
No...But there is a guy I work with who belongs to a scuba club, and he regularly goes diving.....mainly in the Bow River.....If you wish I could get his clubs details and pss them onto you.
Old Jul 10th 2006, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by frankieforehead
No...But there is a guy I work with who belongs to a scuba club, and he regularly goes diving.....mainly in the Bow River.....If you wish I could get his clubs details and pss them onto you.

Hi

Yes please that would be very much appreciated. You can PM me if you don't mind.

Philip
Old Jul 11th 2006, 12:24 am
BE Enthusiast

frankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud of

Hi

Yes please that would be very much appreciated. You can PM me if you don't mind.

Philip
Here it is then
http://www.adventuresinscuba.com/htm...s/outlaws.html
Old Jul 11th 2006, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by frankieforehead
thanks
Old Jul 11th 2006, 11:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

thanks
No worries...apparently they go all over the place to dive.