Scotiabank ?

Old Feb 19th 2013, 2:32 pm
To infinity and Beyond !!

tattoo99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Scotiabank ?

Thinking of using Scotiabank when i Arrive ....Anyone had Dealings with them ! ..They seem to have a good Scheme going for Foreign Workers
Old Feb 19th 2013, 2:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

ArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scotiabank ?

Originally Posted by tattoo99
Thinking of using Scotiabank when i Arrive ....Anyone had Dealings with them ! ..They seem to have a good Scheme going for Foreign Workers
I have not used them personally but in my area Scotiabank now have their ATMs inside all 7-elevens here which is useful for keeping down ATM fees.

Also if you are a movie goer they have good reward bonuses for free tickets/concessions.

From the outside looking in they look very reasonable.
Old Feb 19th 2013, 2:54 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

I use them as they're just up the road from me, they're alright. I had intended to go to the HSBC as they said they were "The world's local bank" but the nearest branch to me is five naffing miles away and I'd have to take a bus.
Old Feb 19th 2013, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by ArthurBrit
I have not used them personally but in my area Scotiabank now have their ATMs inside all 7-elevens here which is useful for keeping down ATM fees.

Also if you are a movie goer they have good reward bonuses for free tickets/concessions.

From the outside looking in they look very reasonable.
They do seem to have a good Rep ...Also could help me with credit rating Etc
With the credit card they offer/car finance Etc...
Old Feb 19th 2013, 3:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

We got our mortgage through them as they were the cheapest; no complaints so far.
Old Feb 19th 2013, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by MarkG
We got our mortgage through them as they were the cheapest; no complaints so far.
Thanks Mark ...sounds like the soundest option for me
Old Feb 19th 2013, 3:56 pm
Account Closed

Dave n Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point

We got banks cards, credit cards and approved for a mortgage all in one visit.

They have special programs for us fresh imports. Staff were very friendly too.
Old Feb 19th 2013, 4:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

foreigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
I use them as they're just up the road from me, they're alright. I had intended to go to the HSBC as they said they were "The world's local bank" but the nearest branch to me is five naffing miles away and I'd have to take a bus.
+1

No problems so far. And now when you withdraw money at 7/11 you get a voucher for a free hot dog
Old Feb 19th 2013, 4:04 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by foreigngirl
+1

No problems so far. And now when you withdraw money at 7/11 you get a voucher for a free hot dog
Really? This is very good information, thanks. I have debit card that gives you free vouchers to see a film, unfortunately all the films they show here are crap American ones, so I never go and now I've racked up about 30 free ones I think.
Old Feb 19th 2013, 6:18 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tattoo99
I use Scotiabank.

They are penny pinchers who constantly get caught out making costly errors on my account.

Not sure if the other banks are any better.

They are all out there to make money for themselves and extract what they can from you with or with out you noticing.
Old Feb 19th 2013, 6:55 pm
Banned

Beaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to behold

have used them since day one back in 2006 , as they advertised an 'immigrant account' or similar - also local to our hood, and near office

have thought about swapping for ages - but have so much accounts and bills thru them - i simply cannot be arsed

they seem a bit dim about doing a international money order
in the hood, and in downtown Calgary

trying to cash travellers cheques in marda loop with parents a few years back was an experience
Old Feb 19th 2013, 8:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

foreigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond reputeforeigngirl has a reputation beyond repute

Really? This is very good information, thanks. I have debit card that gives you free vouchers to see a film, unfortunately all the films they show here are crap American ones, so I never go and now I've racked up about 30 free ones I think.
yep, but it's limited time only, although on at the moment.
Old Feb 19th 2013, 9:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Skyfall isnt an American movie I guess Life of Pi, Les Miserables, Love Story of Singh and Kaur and The Hobbit might be considered Hollywood but not American movies per se.
Old Feb 19th 2013, 9:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

energysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond repute

You guys must have read my mind - I was looking at potential banks after reading the BE wiki and thought that Scotia looked pretty attractive to those "fresh off the boat" like I will be

They appear to offer a tailored package of credit cards, car loans (with the only catch being that the vehicle has to be sourced via one of their car selling "partners") etc etc - Has anyone used any of these? I would appreciate any first hand experience and opinions (good or bad)

Are there any other banks with similar packages worth looking at?

Does it help if you acquire your UK credit rating and bring it over?
Old Feb 19th 2013, 10:04 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

We used them but changed. Took forever to set up a current account, then they wanted another appointment to set up savings accounts. They charge for everything, awful service. We changed to TD and we like them much more.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.