Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Schooling year in Saskatoon.

Schooling year in Saskatoon.

Old Jan 30th 2005, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

George-Ang has a brilliant futureGeorge-Ang has a brilliant futureGeorge-Ang has a brilliant futureGeorge-Ang has a brilliant futureGeorge-Ang has a brilliant futureGeorge-Ang has a brilliant futureGeorge-Ang has a brilliant future
Default Schooling year in Saskatoon.

The wife has looked all over but cannot find what the schooling year consists of ie:- term times,,,in saskatoon, i presume they will be standard throughout Canada, can anyone advise please, My children are 15 and 12
Old Jan 30th 2005, 12:48 pm

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Schooling year in Saskatoon.

Originally Posted by George-Ang
The wife has looked all over but cannot find what the schooling year consists of ie:- term times,,,in saskatoon, i presume they will be standard throughout Canada, can anyone advise please, My children are 15 and 12
Education is a provincial matter and can vary greatly between provinces though generally everyone ends up 'K-12 educated' pretty much the same at the end. To make matters even more confusing (to someone new to Canada, I suppose), is that within the provinces are 'school districts' or 'divisions' and they can vary a lot as well.

I just did a quick search - http://www.saskschools.ca/divisionindex.html lists the school divisions in Saskatchewan -- looks like there are 3 in Saskatoon each with their own websites and each school with there own website.

Not sure if that helps!
Old Jan 30th 2005, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

George-Ang has a brilliant futureGeorge-Ang has a brilliant futureGeorge-Ang has a brilliant futureGeorge-Ang has a brilliant futureGeorge-Ang has a brilliant futureGeorge-Ang has a brilliant futureGeorge-Ang has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
I just did a quick search - http://www.saskschools.ca/divisionindex.html lists the school divisions in Saskatchewan -- looks like there are 3 in Saskatoon each with their own websites and each school with there own website.

Not sure if that helps!
Great link hot wasabi peas "by the way i have a tin of them peas in my cupboard got there hot." wifes saved to favs now all we need to work out is where we will live and check the schools in that are, many thanx.
Old Jan 30th 2005, 1:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute

Try this

http://www.sbe.saskatoon.sk.ca/

that is the public school board

http://www.scs.sk.ca/

that is the Catholic school board.

Those other divisions are probably rural school divisions - outside the City of Saskatoon.

So far as I know - you don't have to be a catholic to go to the catholic schools, at least you don't in Regina. I assume Saskatoon is the same. There is a map - Collegiates are the high schools. You should find all the information you need on there. I did try the Aden Bowman and the next high school - and the calendar and visit our website don't work - the one for Bedford road does - and the calendar will be the same for all the schools.

They are probably on a semester system in the high school. Starts the last week in August or first week in September and then I think the first semester ends in February. Or perhaps they have changed that. It always seems rather pointless to me.

They get about a week at Christmas and maybe two weeks at Easter and they are done at the end of June. Summer holidays are much longer here.