Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

school fundraising committee

school fundraising committee

Old Jun 19th 2006, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

debiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud of
Default school fundraising committee

Do the canadian schools have parent committees for fundraising? Are the parents more involved or is it like the UK everybody wants the events but nobody wants to help,but will moan if it is not as good as they could have done. I love helping out with the school fundraising but it is such hard work is it any more positive in Canada.
Old Jun 19th 2006, 2:08 pm
Forum Regular

Gone in 30 days will become famous soon enoughGone in 30 days will become famous soon enough
Default Re: school fundraising committee

Originally Posted by debiharper
Do the canadian schools have parent committees for fundraising? Are the parents more involved or is it like the UK everybody wants the events but nobody wants to help,but will moan if it is not as good as they could have done. I love helping out with the school fundraising but it is such hard work is it any more positive in Canada.

Sorry - but no...... I volunteer at my childrens school and its just the same as in England. Its hard getting volunteers, the school put on a BBQ for parents but hardly anyone turned up.... I know alot of parents work, but alot don't as well - where are they??????
Old Jun 19th 2006, 2:27 pm
Forum Regular

skigordi has a brilliant futureskigordi has a brilliant futureskigordi has a brilliant futureskigordi has a brilliant futureskigordi has a brilliant futureskigordi has a brilliant future

Our experience has been different, I guess it varies as always by school and neighbourhood.
Although a lot of parents do have work and time pressures my kids school is generally overwhelmed with parents helping at various events, fundraising and running pizza lunches every Friday.
My feeling is there is still more involvement here, certainly in the middle class suburbs, but the trend seems to be towards the UK model with people less willing to participate.

Originally Posted by debiharper
Old Jun 19th 2006, 6:45 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Ok I'm probably going to get flamed for this, but when responding (in a sensible and on thread mannner) wouldnt it be a good idea to qualify the response (In my opinion, my experience is, etc)? As Gordi did.