Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Sausage making machines.

Sausage making machines.

Old Nov 30th 2008, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

chinook is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sausage making machines.

I have tried the various sausages that are on offer but quite frankly miss the variety that are available back in the UK. I have attended the Farmers market which I thought was great but still lacked in the sausage dept.

A friend of mine in the UK makes his own and swears by them.

Does anybody know of a great sausage outlet in Calgary?

Where to get a sausage making machine?

Finally if so has anybody got any great recipes to pass on?

Many thanks.
Old Nov 30th 2008, 9:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

G586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sausage making machines.

Originally Posted by chinook
I have tried the various sausages that are on offer but quite frankly miss the variety that are available back in the UK. I have attended the Farmers market which I thought was great but still lacked in the sausage dept.

A friend of mine in the UK makes his own and swears by them.

Does anybody know of a great sausage outlet in Calgary?

Where to get a sausage making machine?

Finally if so has anybody got any great recipes to pass on?

Many thanks.
If you have a Kitchenaid mixer, you can get a sausage-making attachment. I don't have the attachment but the Kitchenaid is great regardless.

http://www.amazon.com/KitchenAid-SSA.../dp/B00004SGFQ
Old Nov 30th 2008, 9:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

LotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to all

Originally Posted by G586
If you have a Kitchenaid mixer, you can get a sausage-making attachment. I don't have the attachment but the Kitchenaid is great regardless.

http://www.amazon.com/KitchenAid-SSA.../dp/B00004SGFQ

ITA on this. I have a kitchenaid (but not the sausage attachement - DH is buying me that for Christmas!) and I love it.
Old Dec 1st 2008, 12:00 am
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute

No idea on the sausage machine, but I do like Sunworks sausgaes from Blushlane at farmers market and have you tried Spolumbos?
Old Dec 1st 2008, 4:04 am
BE Forum Addict

triumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond repute

We got Spolumbo's English Bangers at the Co-op recently. They were good.
Old Dec 1st 2008, 12:17 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

We have a sausage machine:

http://upperappalachia.blogspot.com/...n-country.html

iirc it was $25 at Home Hardware.