sat nav?!

Old Nov 25th 2009, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

heidi40 will become famous soon enoughheidi40 will become famous soon enough
Default sat nav?!

Can we use our tom tom sat nav in canada too? is the connection the same as Canadian one?
many thanks
Old Nov 25th 2009, 4:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

tim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant future
Default Re: sat nav?!

Originally Posted by heidi40
Can we use our tom tom sat nav in canada too? is the connection the same as Canadian one?
many thanks
Yes you can. Same connections. Just make sure you get the Canadian maps downloaded!

Tim
Old Nov 25th 2009, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

johngrimes is just really nicejohngrimes is just really nicejohngrimes is just really nicejohngrimes is just really nicejohngrimes is just really nicejohngrimes is just really nicejohngrimes is just really nicejohngrimes is just really nicejohngrimes is just really nicejohngrimes is just really nicejohngrimes is just really nice

You might need to buy a bigger memory card depending on model you have.

John
Old Nov 25th 2009, 6:15 pm
Just Joined

Ian_sea is a jewel in the roughIan_sea is a jewel in the roughIan_sea is a jewel in the roughIan_sea is a jewel in the rough

No problem, I bought the North American maps and a bigger card and also connected it to my pc using tomtom home. Therefore I could map a route while still in the UK so when I got to Vancouver airport and picked up the hire car I just plugged the sat nav in off we went to the ferry terminal. Also since moving to Nanaimo I have used it quite a lot just with house hunting as it has saved the hassle of fiddling with maps while trying to familiarise myself with a new area.
Old Nov 25th 2009, 6:22 pm
Lovin it!

manningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to all

I've used mine out there and it was worth its weight in gold!

It took a while to kick in after turning it on at the airport at first but after that it was fine every time
Old Nov 25th 2009, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

heidi40 will become famous soon enoughheidi40 will become famous soon enough

Thank you for your replies. I shall use mine.
Old Nov 25th 2009, 8:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

nldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond repute

If you are moving to New Brunswick they are about as much use as a chocolate fireguard - I think mine showed me driving throw a field for about 6 hours last week
Old Nov 25th 2009, 11:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

I just love those little map things made of paper
Old Nov 25th 2009, 11:49 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ann m
Techo-Phobic Philistine

Old Nov 25th 2009, 11:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
Techo-Phobic Philistine

I know - there is no hope
Old Nov 25th 2009, 11:52 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Quite right. GPS is OK for while, depend on them too much and people forget how to navigate their way around. My OH has one for the car, she's been to the same place must be 10 times and still cannot get there without the GPS!
Old Nov 25th 2009, 11:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by The Aviator
My OH has one for the car, she's been to the same place must be 10 times and still cannot get there without the GPS!
Originally Posted by Ian_sea
I have used it quite a lot just with house hunting as it has saved the hassle of fiddling with maps while trying to familiarise myself with a new area.
That's my thinking too Aviator. And I don't see how I could possibly "get to know an area" when I was directed by a GPS and not learning for myself, and learning the landmarks, and looking at a whole page of a map to get my orientation.

It'll never catch on
Old Nov 26th 2009, 3:30 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

That's my thinking too Aviator. And I don't see how I could possibly "get to know an area" when I was directed by a GPS and not learning for myself, and learning the landmarks, and looking at a whole page of a map to get my orientation.

It'll never catch on
What is great fun with a GPS, is when there is a road closure, so you make a left turn, in a while it tells you to make a left turn, further on another left turn and voila right back to the road closure.
Old Nov 26th 2009, 2:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

MR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to all

happened to me once went round a circle 3 times, i think the gps went abit cukooo!!!!!!! hahaha!!! i think it's when the reciever is out of signal it goes abit mad and makes you go round in circles......oh well........
Old Nov 26th 2009, 5:40 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

We've never had a GPS, but I was wondering about getting one.

I'm not convinced ..... anybody care to try and persuade me one way or the other .... and make any recommendations as to breed?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.