Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

SASKATOON - Would ya??

SASKATOON - Would ya??

Old May 19th 2012, 2:24 am
Been here 8 years now...

Steve.gibbs007 is a splendid one to beholdSteve.gibbs007 is a splendid one to beholdSteve.gibbs007 is a splendid one to beholdSteve.gibbs007 is a splendid one to beholdSteve.gibbs007 is a splendid one to beholdSteve.gibbs007 is a splendid one to beholdSteve.gibbs007 is a splendid one to beholdSteve.gibbs007 is a splendid one to beholdSteve.gibbs007 is a splendid one to beholdSteve.gibbs007 is a splendid one to beholdSteve.gibbs007 is a splendid one to behold
Default SASKATOON - Would ya??

We moved from England to Nova Scotia a couple of years back, then last February moved to Iroquois Falls in northern Ontario.
We may have a chance to move to Saskatoon with work in the iminent future and we've never been there.

So my question is - would ya??

Cheers.
Old May 19th 2012, 2:28 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SASKATOON - Would ya??

Originally Posted by Steve.gibbs007
We moved from England to Nova Scotia a couple of years back, then last February moved to Iroquois Falls in northern Ontario.
We may have a chance to move to Saskatoon with work in the iminent future and we've never been there.

Cheers.
Hell no
Old May 19th 2012, 2:52 am
Been here 8 years now...

Steve.gibbs007 is a splendid one to beholdSteve.gibbs007 is a splendid one to beholdSteve.gibbs007 is a splendid one to beholdSteve.gibbs007 is a splendid one to beholdSteve.gibbs007 is a splendid one to beholdSteve.gibbs007 is a splendid one to beholdSteve.gibbs007 is a splendid one to beholdSteve.gibbs007 is a splendid one to beholdSteve.gibbs007 is a splendid one to beholdSteve.gibbs007 is a splendid one to beholdSteve.gibbs007 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by el_richo
Hell no

Pour qoi??
Old May 19th 2012, 3:04 am
BE Forum Addict

London Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers.
Do you have the chance to work anywhere else?
Old May 19th 2012, 3:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Nice to see the Prairie bashers emerging
To some its like asking would you move from London to Liverpool sort of thing.
Just be thankful you didnt say Regina
There are lots of places worse than Saskatoon.
Old May 19th 2012, 3:23 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Pour qoi??
The weather and seclusion is enough to put me off. Crime statistics would also come into it since it ranks near the top of the list across the country.

A client of mine had their offices moved from Vancouver to Saskatoon because the new CEO wanted it closer to where he lived. Over 90% of the staff refused so I guess that's good for the local employment in Saskatoon

A good friend works for the same company and decided to give it ago. She said she'll stick it out until she finishes her MBA then she's out of there.

To each his own though.

Last edited by el_richo; May 19th 2012 at 3:25 am.
Old May 19th 2012, 6:43 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

Crime statistics would also come into it since it ranks near the top of the list across the country.
That's true. Someone broke into my girlfriend's car about ten years ago, and someone stole a neighbour's bike back in 2007.
Old May 19th 2012, 7:04 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Hell no
+1
Old May 19th 2012, 10:09 am
Account Closed

jericho is an unknown quantity at this point

How many saying No have actually been to Saskatoon?
Old May 19th 2012, 10:17 am
Joined on April fools day

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkG
That's true. Someone broke into my girlfriend's car about ten years ago, and someone stole a neighbour's bike back in 2007.
My sons bike was stolen in 1996. Sounds like a ghetto.
Old May 19th 2012, 12:13 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

My work requires me to go to different places, usually for a year or two. If you go with the right attitude, you can find something to enjoy anywhere. Some places are great, some are unexpectedly good, and some you might not care to rush back to, but at least you now know that for yourself.

It's better to know that you've experienced a variety of lifestyles first-hand than to wake up one morning and realise that your life is exactly the same as it was 10 years ago.

Would I emigrate to Saskatoon? "Hell, no". Would I go for a year or so? Why the hell not?

I've no idea what Iroquois Falls in Northern Ontario is like, but it sounds like a reasonable place to move on from.
Old May 19th 2012, 1:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

London Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkG
What is it genuinely like to live there?
Old May 19th 2012, 1:41 pm
Up Your Kilt

Hawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond repute

Hell no
+2
Old May 19th 2012, 1:41 pm
Banned

Boy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers.
No....was there for a week....crap, small isolated city. Bit better than regina though where I lived for 6 months.
Old May 19th 2012, 3:08 pm
Journeyman Canadian

scimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of light

Cheers.
Two big factors? Will the potential job pay significantly more and how do the house prices compare?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.