Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

SASKATCHEWAN IMMIGRANT NOMINEE PROGRAM (SINP)

SASKATCHEWAN IMMIGRANT NOMINEE PROGRAM (SINP)

Old Jan 22nd 2010, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

mrwilson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default SASKATCHEWAN IMMIGRANT NOMINEE PROGRAM (SINP)

Hi

I would like to know if anyone on here has used the SASKATCHEWAN IMMIGRANT NOMINEE PROGRAM (SINP) and applied as a skilled worker. How long did it take? Did you use a lawyer or DIY? any regrets, advice?

Thx

mrwilson
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 7:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SASKATCHEWAN IMMIGRANT NOMINEE PROGRAM (SINP)

Used it in 06,no regrets.From arriving in Canada to obtaining P.R. took 16 months,could've been a bit quicker but my wife screwed up the fees which delayed it by a month or so.Don't bother with lawyers or so-called immigration experts,they charge a lot for doing little.Who are you going to be working for ?
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

I've worked for McDonalds over here for many years, worked hard for little, but now they are my ticket to Canada! so I'm lovin it!
Is that 16 months from when the application left your house?
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

16 months from landing in Regina.If I remember correctly,you have to work for a company here for six months,then you can obtain the nomination from Saskatchewan towards your P.R.,that is when your application goes in.That's how we did 4 years ago,it can change.After being in the country for 12 months you'll need to renew your temporary work permit,just a 1 1/2 drive to the Can/US border,might be able to do that in Regina by now.The whole process is straight forward,as long as there are no skeletons in the cupboard.Best of luck.
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 2:52 am
Always lurking.

gingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of light

I just want to give you a word of warning before you travel all the way to a new country and give up everything you have at home. coming to Canada you will be starting work wise from square one. You may have trouble with getting you education recognized and your work experience in the UK may be of little help. Work wise it took my husband almost 5 years to get settled.
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 3:49 am
JGK
BE Enthusiast

JGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gingnut
I just want to give you a word of warning before you travel all the way to a new country and give up everything you have at home. coming to Canada you will be starting work wise from square one. You may have trouble with getting you education recognized and your work experience in the UK may be of little help. Work wise it took my husband almost 5 years to get settled.
That really depends on what line of work you're in. I was hired for the job in Canada entirely based on my UK experience and have never had my UK educational qualifications questioned in any of the jobs I've held since I've been here.
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 5:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Never had my education questioned,once you have a job offer from a Canadian Company /Saskatchewan company who are enlisted on the P.N.P. system you should be on your way.
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 3:06 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Or alternatively you can come to Canada with a basic degree, land a job two levels below what you did in the UK (ie just about above entry level) and within 4 years be Executive Director of a PCN.
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 3:18 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

That is immigration. It is not pick up where you left off. It is the same for most immigrants. For immigration to be successful one has to accept there will be a few down years and take it as it comes.
Old Jan 30th 2010, 3:41 pm
Forum Regular

If I'm reading this correctly, you apply to Saskatchewan and if they support your application they send you an acceptance document and all the applications you need to send to the CIC. And if you are accepted by CIC then you get PR.
Page 11

http://www.immigration.gov.sk.ca/app...killed-workers

Anyone got experience of using this path, Flat to the Mat, did you use this method? You mentioned you had to apply for PR after landing

Cheers
Old Jan 31st 2010, 1:35 am
Forum Regular

martin60 is just really nicemartin60 is just really nicemartin60 is just really nicemartin60 is just really nicemartin60 is just really nicemartin60 is just really nicemartin60 is just really nicemartin60 is just really nice

Originally Posted by mrwilson
If I'm reading this correctly, you apply to Saskatchewan and if they support your application they send you an acceptance document and all the applications you need to send to the CIC. And if you are accepted by CIC then you get PR.
Page 11

http://www.immigration.gov.sk.ca/app...killed-workers

Anyone got experience of using this path, Flat to the Mat, did you use this method? You mentioned you had to apply for PR after landing

Cheers
Hi There we used this route four years ago, we applied to Sask, they sent us the nomination which we then sent to CIC who fast tracked our file, we got the nomination in March and PR in June, not sure what timelines are now.

When we got nominated they said we could apply for a temp work permit but the PR came through so quickly we didn't need it. I think Flat to the Mat came over on the temp permit and then applied for the SINP

HTH Martin
Old Jan 31st 2010, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by martin60
Hi There we used this route four years ago, we applied to Sask, they sent us the nomination which we then sent to CIC who fast tracked our file, we got the nomination in March and PR in June, not sure what timelines are now.

When we got nominated they said we could apply for a temp work permit but the PR came through so quickly we didn't need it. I think Flat to the Mat came over on the temp permit and then applied for the SINP

HTH Martin
OMG , 6 months! that's really quick!

We don't want to move until June 2012. Do you recommend we wait to apply? or apply now, get our PR and just wait until 2012??
Old Jan 31st 2010, 10:13 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

OMG , 6 months! that's really quick!

We don't want to move until June 2012. Do you recommend we wait to apply? or apply now, get our PR and just wait until 2012??
You can delay moving once you've got PR, for a few years. But would your employer in SK be prepared to wait that long for you? They'd have to give you a permanent job offer to get you over there, so how would they feel if you said you wouldn't be taking it up for another couple of years?
Old Jan 31st 2010, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
You can delay moving once you've got PR, for a few years. But would your employer in SK be prepared to wait that long for you? They'd have to give you a permanent job offer to get you over there, so how would they feel if you said you wouldn't be taking it up for another couple of years?
I have told them that we plan to move in 2012 and they have set up an interview, so I guess it isn't much of a problem. I was just thinking, if we could wait after we had received PR status I would feel a lot better about the whole thing. As this is my only real concern.
Old Jan 31st 2010, 10:23 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I have told them that we plan to move in 2012 and they have set up an interview, so I guess it isn't much of a problem. I was just thinking, if we could wait after we had received PR status I would feel a lot better about the whole thing. As this is my only real concern.
That's great then. If I were you (jmo), I'd go for it now and then just delaying moving. At least then you'd have PR in hand, and you never know how long it may take, your case may be longer.

Good luck.

Edit: just a thought, but you might want to check with SINP to see how they'd view a job offer/contract with a start date of 2012? They might be funny about that, but no idea. Could be worth checking anyway.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.