Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

santa's canadian wish list!

santa's canadian wish list!

Old Nov 22nd 2005, 12:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

babyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of light
Default santa's canadian wish list!

what would you want for christmas?

here is a chance to write your letter to santa. It does not matter how old you are we all wish for things.

Dear Santa

for christmas this year i would really like to have my family together. My health and a key to a better future. I do not want that huge house down the street, i simply want a home for myself and my children(one that is free from mice).
Please could you also consider me for a better job for the new year?
This one is driving me insane.
I know a sang some pretty awful songs about you over the years but these were purly alchohol induced. I would never sing these words normally.

Please help those less fortunate than myself but not that family down the street that are claiming welfare and drive the lateset Hummer! They are fake!

please consider me and my family for the future. i will never be bad again

thanks
babyblue
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 3:19 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: santa's canadian wish list!

Dear Santa,

As a special pre-Christmas treat I'd like the meeting of the Premiers this week, the one that's being held in my home town, to actually achieve something. Maybe they'll sit for a minutes silence, holding their heads in shame at the recent shambles in northern Ontario, and realise that the rest of the world looks on while Canada, sending an image appearing of a third world country, treats its own citizens with contempt.

For Christmas, well firstly regarding myself, I'd just like to be fixed up with a job, nothing special, just something to give me a break and to get me going, keep me busy, and to help me get a little nicely wrapped shiny Christmas box containing some elusive 'Canadian Experience' with a nice shiny bow on top. Dude, you've seen my resume and you know I built a career around genuinely helping people and getting things done...maybe you could sprinkle some of Rudolphs' magic snot on my resume ?

I don't really need much more "stuff", hell we have more than most on this lump of space rock we call home, and we're happy with our lot in life, don't need a boat/bigger shinier car/RV/plasma TV/Big White ski chalet vacation home/3 yearly vacations in Las Vegas/Mexico/Hawaii....but I would really like a set of extendable ladders oh yeah and if you could help stop my lower back from aching like a bitch that'd be nice but it's no problem if you don't do medical stuff.

For other folks, well just spread a little happiness around. Maybe help get peeps to understand that accumulating more stuff isn't always good, doesn't show peeps the route to happiness. I'd like that those people who have worked hard and kept their debts down, to get a bit of a break, and those that have been busy running up debts and accumulating more shiny stuff just to impress others, and make themselves look the real deal, well maybe they don't get a break so much.

And those people that have 'stolen' from others through greed or scams or sharp commerce, may they lose twice what they have gained. That's just about enough to make it right in my book. And stop the movers and shakers from, well, moving and shaking quite so much. May quiet people be heard a little more, and brash people get tuned out some, and may charity pots and food banks be overflowing with kindness and generosity this year.

Oh and lastly, for those friends and relatives who want to come visit us because they genuinely miss us, may they get their wishes come true. And those that want to come just for a cheap holiday, may they suffer from a multitude of pestilences; a plague of flies, a wasp nest in their loft, broken down double glazing, an oil leak with their car, a mouldy fridge, and itchy crotch syndrome if that's OK with you.

Thanks, cool beardy dude.

Rich.

ps I like those little people who help you and the reindeers that move your stuff around each year. Hey, if times get hard with your part-time seasonal work, have you ever thought of getting the reindeers sponsored by UPS ?
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 7:37 pm
Banned

finallygotout will become famous soon enough

Talking of xmas gifts, the boy in the story below, probably thought he had his xmas sorted, until someone decided they were going to ruin it for him :scared:

http://www.in-forum.com/ap/index.cfm...w&id=D8E1HHV05
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 8:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

babyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by finallygotout
Talking of xmas gifts, the boy in the story below, probably thought he had his xmas sorted, until someone decided they were going to ruin it for him :scared:

I AM NOT ABLE TO ACCESS THIS SITE.
I AM NOT SURE IF IT IS ME!
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 8:41 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by babyblue
I AM NOT ABLE TO ACCESS THIS SITE.
I AM NOT SURE IF IT IS ME!

Must be you, I just opened it again.

Last edited by finallygotout; Nov 22nd 2005 at 9:06 pm.
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 9:04 pm
..and Family

Cadey is a jewel in the roughCadey is a jewel in the roughCadey is a jewel in the roughCadey is a jewel in the rough

Shame, poor lad. But common sense says don't shop at midnight for expensive electrical items that are easy to carry, alone.
Maybe if he writes, Santa will bring him one?
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 9:06 pm
..and Family

Cadey is a jewel in the roughCadey is a jewel in the roughCadey is a jewel in the roughCadey is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Cadey
Shame, poor lad. But common sense says don't shop at midnight for expensive electrical items that are easy to carry, alone.
Maybe if he writes, Santa will bring him one?

anyone want to but an Xbox 360 real cheap?
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 11:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Must be you, I just opened it again.
Ok! it worked today..

must have had a bad day or something..

what is wrong with these people?

You even see this behaviour in dollar stores. It does not matter where you are it is the greed and mentality of these individuals.
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 11:58 am
Banned

Ok! it worked today..

You even see this behaviour in dollar stores. It does not matter where you are it is the greed and mentality of these individuals.
Ah....you managed to open it
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 12:05 pm
Banned

More on this flippin xbox whatever, you might want to think twice before you go purchase one for your kid

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=61837
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 12:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dear santa

Please give me stregnth to get through the next day and lots of air to breath. A few vouchers would be nice!
I want you to think of my kids and all those children suffering with no homes, no food and some not even a parent to be there on christmas day.
Stop the spoiled children from suffering too. It is not their fault only the product of society. The over compensation for working too hard. The mentality of a materialistic world.
Do something to make these families think about what they are doing to christmas.
Help all my friends here to find the happiness they deserve.

Don't forget those alone at christmas. Just a good meal would be good.
My children will be Ok as they know the true value of christmas and not the value of 'things'. A bit cliche but we do have each other. My daughter wants to do something christmas day for those less fortunate. Funny really becuase most days we are exactly that!

many thanks
Babyblue

Ok i feel better now!
I wrote to santa and i hope he listens.
what about you guys?
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 12:15 pm
Banned

Dear santa

Please give me stregnth to get through the next day and lots of air to breath. A few vouchers would be nice!
I want you to think of my kids and all those children suffering with no homes, no food and some not even a parent to be there on christmas day.
Stop the spoiled children from suffering too. It is not their fault only the product of society. The over compensation for working too hard. The mentality of a materialistic world.
Do something to make these families think about what they are doing to christmas.
Help all my friends here to find the happiness they deserve.

Don't forget those alone at christmas. Just a good meal would be good.
My children will be Ok as they know the true value of christmas and not the value of 'things'. A bit cliche but we do have each other. My daughter wants to do something christmas day for those less fortunate. Funny really becuase most days we are exactly that!

many thanks
Babyblue

Ok i feel better now!
I wrote to santa and i hope he listens.
what about you guys?
Babyblue...did I not read somewhere, where you said you earn 70k at the hospital, surely that is good money? We are the less fortunate ones
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 1:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Babyblue...did I not read somewhere, where you said you earn 70k at the hospital, surely that is good money? We are the less fortunate ones
I am sorry but that is not me. I am a nanny for special needs at the moment.
I am on 20,000 a year and supporting my home and 2 children. (Neither can work until we get residency, no SIN number) Preying for a little cash job to get by.

I have a friend who is working there but i can only dream of this sort of money right now.
I pay rent,bills and have nothing left. I keep telling myself it is around the corner.
I have excellent hands on experience and quals but that means nothing until i get my pr or at least my open work permit.
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 1:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Smokey is on a distinguished road

Ok! it worked today..

I just got home at 7.30am and have been watching the news (as I work) this morning. Whilst it is true that their behaviour beggars belief it might be an idea to exmine how this came about - IBM (It's Bloody Marvelous) only shipped a few items to each store in order to create this 'demand' (and they can always argue that they were trying to be fair and share around) and hey...it worked (again!) and people behaved in the standard way that is so predictable - remember Cabbage Patch Kids??. I've never felt the need to critisize IBM before but now.....
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 1:38 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Smokey
I just got home at 7.30am and have been watching the news (as I work) this morning. Whilst it is true that their behaviour beggars belief it might be an idea to exmine how this came about - IBM (It's Bloody Marvelous) only shipped a few items to each store in order to create this 'demand' (and they can always argue that they were trying to be fair and share around) and hey...it worked (again!) and people behaved in the standard way that is so predictable - remember Cabbage Patch Kids??. I've never felt the need to critisize IBM before but now.....
Microsoft I believe not IBM .... now if Apple brought one out woooohooooo !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.