salmon arm

Old Mar 25th 2007, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

glenn wilson is a jewel in the roughglenn wilson is a jewel in the roughglenn wilson is a jewel in the roughglenn wilson is a jewel in the roughglenn wilson is a jewel in the rough
Default salmon arm

hi, any expats out there living in Salmon Arm or the area around? whats the place like in spring,summer,fall ? could be moving over there and just interested.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 9:10 am
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: salmon arm

Originally Posted by glenn wilson
hi, any expats out there living in Salmon Arm or the area around? whats the place like in spring,summer,fall ? could be moving over there and just interested.
Hi Glenn

We are also seriously considering Salmon Arm as our final destination. We visited there in January and there was a fair bit of snow but it was still a nice looking place even in mid winter.
I believe it gets quite busy in the summer but talking to locals whilst we were there it didn't sound like it was a problem.
I was a bit worried about it being too small and quiet compared to Vernon and Kelowna which are our other two considerations but i have to say there seemed to be a reasonable selection of shops, plenty of restaurants, the usual big chain names (Boston Pizza, Mac Donalds, Tim Hortons, Canadian Tire, Sears) to name a few. It also has a cinema, theatre, ice rink, pool, and it has a college as well although the courses on offer don't compare to those on offer at Kelowna.
Although it is further away from Vancouver than Kelowna i liked the fact that within say 1.5 hours drive you can reach Kelowna, Kamloops, Revelstoke, Vernon for a change of scenery or more shopping opportunities and Silver Star ski resort is not too much of a drive either.

Have you been there or are you going there, interested in your opinions.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

glenn wilson is a jewel in the roughglenn wilson is a jewel in the roughglenn wilson is a jewel in the roughglenn wilson is a jewel in the roughglenn wilson is a jewel in the rough

hope you got my P.M.
Old Mar 29th 2007, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

Pebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nice

This is also one of the areas we are considering.

Thanks for the info Printer. All sounds good. We are hoping to visit later in the year to check it out with a few other places around the Shuswap/Thompson/Nichola/Okanagan area(s!)
Old Mar 29th 2007, 4:57 pm
Happy as a pig in treacle

claire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud of

We visited and spent time there in the summer of 05, we were planning on moving to BC originally. We have now settled on Alberta due to job offers and other stuff. If I can help with any questions,, PM me.
Regards
Claire
Old Mar 29th 2007, 5:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by claire bob and matt
We visited and spent time there in the summer of 05, we were planning on moving to BC originally. We have now settled on Alberta due to job offers and other stuff. If I can help with any questions,, PM me.
Regards
Claire
Have sent PM.
Old Mar 29th 2007, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by claire bob and matt
Regards
Claire
what was it like during the summer? was it very busy?
Old May 2nd 2007, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

fester is a jewel in the roughfester is a jewel in the roughfester is a jewel in the roughfester is a jewel in the roughfester is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by glenn wilson
We moved to Blind Bay, just 20 mins outside Salmon Arm in Nov last year from England and love it. Its like our own piece of paradise. Everyone says how lucky there are to live here. Husband works in Residential construction so plenty of work, son loves school and has met loads of friends. You should visit here as it has so much to offer and the scenery is stunning. If you need any more information I would be more than happy to assist.