Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Are Salaries Low in Canada ?

Are Salaries Low in Canada ?

Old Nov 10th 2009, 1:52 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are Salaries Low in Canada ?

Originally Posted by Koolio
nahh you aint as smart as you think you are it is "Scholastic modelling " and NOT stochastic modelling
Don't think you are either, I'd suggest taking a closer look at your own grammar and spelling before picking up others.
Old Nov 10th 2009, 3:33 am
Banned

bsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Aviator
Don't think you are either, I'd suggest taking a closer look at your own grammar and spelling before picking up others.

...come on, give the guy a break, he works in financial services - he can't be expected to be be a whiz at English and maths.
Old Nov 10th 2009, 11:11 am
Banned

Koolio has a spectacular aura aboutKoolio has a spectacular aura aboutKoolio has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by bsmith
...come on, give the guy a break, he works in financial services - he can't be expected to be be a whiz at English and maths.
exactly this is it, many people somehow expect people to be whiz k in maths or english. I only produce analysis and outline strategic recommendations. Whatever happens from the other end isnt my problem, I simply fulfil the needs of the stakeholders given the availability of the authenthic information tools that I have such as bloomberg etc which I utilize to collate the market info.

I mostly execute and construct what if scenarios using mind mapping and excel modeling, some people think just because they managed to get some decent marks in there A Level english or maths, they somehow can exhort there opinons on others.

Everyone hates Fund Managers, and it simple those who are managing the billion dollars funds are often put through the channels of high level nepotism.

I just cant believe how petty people, they start focusing on your spelling mistakes on forums like this, lol, goes to show, how they waste the time of there life. And if not, some people even without knowing the person start to challenge others with concepts and terms to see if they are what they say they are. what is that ? jealously ? insecurity ?

it's so petty, very petty minded. Grow UP !
Old Nov 10th 2009, 11:14 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

I mostly execute and construct what if scenarios using mind mapping and excel modeling, some people think just because they managed to get some decent marks in there A Level english or maths, they somehow can exhort there opinons on others.

I just cant believe how petty people, they start focusing on your spelling mistakes on forums like this, lol, goes to show, how they waste the time of there life. And if not, some people even without knowing the person start to challenge others with concepts and terms to see if they are what they say they are. what is that ? jealously ? insecurity ?

it's so petty, very petty minded. Grow UP !
Nah, it aint petty to take the piss when what's been writ is so bad that you can't get nuffink out of it. "exhort there opinons", wtf?
Old Nov 10th 2009, 1:06 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

I simply outline strategic recommendations. I simply fulfil the needs of the stakeholders given the availability of the authenthic information tools that I have such as bloomberg etc which I utilize to collate the market info.

I mostly execute and construct what if scenarios using mind mapping and !
Back off everybody. This guy can outline strategic recommendations and fulfill stakeholders needs. I wouldn't be surprised if he can add value by optimising synergies too.

Back away slowly now...
Old Nov 10th 2009, 3:03 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

I only produce analysis and outline strategic recommendations.
Probably not something you want to be bragging too much about in the current economic climate eh?

You don't have to be a math whiz to look at a few numbers, arithmetic will suffice.
Old Nov 10th 2009, 3:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond repute

What do you think - does Koolio "do lunch" ?
Old Nov 10th 2009, 3:34 pm
Banned

Koolio has a spectacular aura aboutKoolio has a spectacular aura aboutKoolio has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
Back off everybody. This guy can outline strategic recommendations and fulfill stakeholders needs. I wouldn't be surprised if he can add value by optimising synergies too.

Back away slowly now...
hehe,

am also involved in creating investment strategy plans and undertaking market intelligence analysis related to the FTSE and Dow Jones. And my analysis also encompasses looking at trade and pricing that of the CME and the London Metal Exchange. Moreover I also engage in the construction of portfolio analysis and identifying coefficient relationship values and then utilising that information which can be incorporated in the strategic recommendations for future investment scenarios.

Other analysis involves fundamental analysis and this can be very comprehensive because it entails KPI analysis, corporate scrunity, and also at organisational performance from a market perspective.

However product knowledge on commodities derivatives is my niche.

BACK OFF !!!
Old Nov 10th 2009, 3:39 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by The Aviator
Probably not something you want to be bragging too much about in the current economic climate eh?

You don't have to be a math whiz to look at a few numbers, arithmetic will suffice.
I am not very adept in Math but I am certainly highly adept in Statisical analysis especially that related to the Equities, Derivatives and Forex Markets. Doing the Maths utilising the formulas etc is another thing but since EXCEL does everything lol,its just a matter of interepretation of the information at hand.

The current economy in my sector is on a bullish market because we trade in commodities predominantly so if you look at the FT or bloomberg you can see everyone is shifting there money from equities into commodities.

The problem today is that too much money is in the hands of the minority who are speculators and this is because too many hedgers made massive losses. YOUR money is in the hands of a few, this is the problem. And that few isnt going to give back into the market.
Old Nov 10th 2009, 3:40 pm

hehe,

am also involved in creating investment strategy plans and undertaking market intelligence analysis related to the FTSE and Dow Jones. And my analysis also encompasses looking at trade and pricing that of the CME and the London Metal Exchange. Moreover I also engage in the construction of portfolio analysis and identifying coefficient relationship values and then utilising that information which can be incorporated in the strategic recommendations for future investment scenarios.

Other analysis involves fundamental analysis and this can be very comprehensive because it entails KPI analysis, corporate scrunity, and also at organisational performance from a market perspective.

BACK OFF !!!
Someone is getting tetchy
Old Nov 10th 2009, 3:41 pm
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute

I am not very adept in Math but I am certainly highly adept in Statisical analysis especially that related to the Equities, Derivatives and Forex Markets. .
This could explain why the financial market is in such a mess
Old Nov 10th 2009, 3:44 pm

YOUR money is in the hands of a few, this is the problem. And that few isnt going to give back into the market.
No it is not, it is well and truly in my hands. I do my own investments and financial planning. So far so good.
Old Nov 10th 2009, 3:53 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

hehe,

BACK OFF !!!

That all sounds very impressive. I certainly underestimated you. My apologies - at first I thought you meant you only paid 15,000 in tax per year. But when you explain your the breadth and depth of your skills and your obvious importance, I can clearly see that you meant per month.
Old Nov 10th 2009, 4:23 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
That all sounds very impressive. I certainly underestimated you. My apologies - at first I thought you meant you only paid 15,000 in tax per year. But when you explain your the breadth and depth of your skills and your obvious importance, I can clearly see that you meant per month.
GBP15k tax per annum by my, non stochastic (or scholastic), non excel, back-of-an-envelope calculation equates to a gross salary of around GBP 42k p.a. Which isn't a terribly large amount of a city whizzkid. Even a back room one. Perhaps it is 42k a month after all. That would be a cool half mill a year. Yes, that must be it.
Old Nov 10th 2009, 4:56 pm
Bring on the snow!

Rob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond repute

I am not very adept in Math but I am certainly highly adept in Statisical analysis especially that related to the Equities, Derivatives and Forex Markets. Doing the Maths utilising the formulas etc is another thing but since EXCEL does everything lol,its just a matter of interepretation of the information at hand.

The current economy in my sector is on a bullish market because we trade in commodities predominantly so if you look at the FT or bloomberg you can see everyone is shifting there money from equities into commodities.

The problem today is that too much money is in the hands of the minority who are speculators and this is because too many hedgers made massive losses. YOUR money is in the hands of a few, this is the problem. And that few isnt going to give back into the market.
Jeez man - no need to list your CV on here. Have you any idea just how stupid you sound? Thought this might be a wind-up, but sadly it appears not....

Anyway - to answer your original question, tax rates in Canada are very similar to the UK, so no point moving here to avoid paying tax. Earning GBP50k would be roughly equivalent to $100k here. There are many $100k+ jobs in the financial sector, although as a financial analyst you're probably in the $60k- $90k bracket.

Last edited by Rob_999; Nov 10th 2009 at 4:58 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.