Reload this Page >

s in Vancouver

s in Vancouver

Old Apr 16th 2004, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

Little Hazel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default s in Vancouver

Hello Everyone,

Wondered if anyone has recently obtained or trying to obtain a mortgage in Vancouver. We are moving there next month and wondered if mortgages are got the same way as in the U.K. 3 x salary etc. Do you have to put fown huge deposit and what are the terms of years like, are they similar to here? Hope someone can help.

Thanks
Old Apr 17th 2004, 9:55 am
pchettiar

Hi Little Hazel

As far as I know the procedure for obtaining a mortgage in Canada is much the same as in the UK. 3 x your income and a minimum of 10% deposit.

Old Apr 17th 2004, 10:08 am
BE Enthusiast

ray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond repute

A good real estate agent should be able to help you arrange financing. You can buy a home in Canada with 0% down , however banks decide whether they will lend you the money depending on job/ credit hsitory etc. Without a job and new to teh country you'll need 35-40% down from what my mortgage broker tells me (I am a realtor in Toronto area)

Good luck