Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

rugby on tv in canada ?

rugby on tv in canada ?

Old Aug 16th 2007, 2:47 am
frothing loon mk 2

hamshank has much to be proud ofhamshank has much to be proud ofhamshank has much to be proud ofhamshank has much to be proud ofhamshank has much to be proud ofhamshank has much to be proud ofhamshank has much to be proud ofhamshank has much to be proud ofhamshank has much to be proud ofhamshank has much to be proud ofhamshank has much to be proud of
Default Re: rugby on tv in canada ?

Originally Posted by howardk
hi poppy2...done reccie...halifax,fall river,bedford,mahone bay,lunenburg,bridgewater etc etc......heading back to ontario...ottawa/picton/barrie.........i guess that says it all......NS is not for us...hope it suits you guys.......good luck
not much chance then of some proper rugby then, league of course
Old Aug 16th 2007, 3:52 am
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by howardk
hi poppy2...done reccie...halifax,fall river,bedford,mahone bay,lunenburg,bridgewater etc etc......heading back to ontario...ottawa/picton/barrie.........i guess that says it all......NS is not for us...hope it suits you guys.......good luck
probably not enough crime and traffic congestion in our little "third-world" province for you I suppose!
Old Aug 16th 2007, 4:27 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NSpaul
probably not enough crime and traffic congestion in our little "third-world" province for you I suppose!
Don't think that was called for ( coming from the person who slagged off Moncton recently if I remember correctly ).

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=467644

Last edited by Tangram; Aug 16th 2007 at 4:34 am.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 4:51 am
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tangram
Don't think that was called for ( coming from the person who slagged off Moncton recently if I remember correctly ).

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=467644
I wouldn't have said I "slagged off" Moncton, just gave my impression. I did also qualify that with the fact I might have just gone on the wrong day - which presumably I had as others seem positive about it.

I don't think it was fair of Howardk to describe NS as third-world though. The fact that it is more laid-back and less busy than metro areas of Ontario doesn't mean it is third-world
Old Aug 16th 2007, 4:55 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NSpaul
I wouldn't have said I "slagged off" Moncton, just gave my impression. I did also qualify that with the fact I might have just gone on the wrong day - which presumably I had as others seem positive about it.

I don't think it was fair of Howardk to describe NS as third-world though. The fact that it is more laid-back and less busy than metro areas of Ontario doesn't mean it is third-world
Sorry I didn't realise he had done that ( the third world bit ). But as you said he is giving his impression just as you did and it can rile one as you quite rightly were when you read it I should say.

I wouldn't describe Halifax as third world, nor would I rank it 2nd best place in Canada to live. I did spend a week there and saw the same type of listless youth hanging around, homeless people and litter as you said you saw in Moncton. Every place has 'em.

Last edited by Tangram; Aug 16th 2007 at 4:58 am.
Old Aug 21st 2007, 1:46 am
Forum Regular

Cyan has a reputation beyond reputeCyan has a reputation beyond reputeCyan has a reputation beyond reputeCyan has a reputation beyond reputeCyan has a reputation beyond reputeCyan has a reputation beyond reputeCyan has a reputation beyond reputeCyan has a reputation beyond reputeCyan has a reputation beyond reputeCyan has a reputation beyond reputeCyan has a reputation beyond repute

If you live in Ontario you can watch it on Setanta International (Rogers Ch.429). It is currently on free preview until 10th Sept, and after that you have to pay the bastards.
Old Aug 21st 2007, 3:06 am
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cyan
If you live in Ontario you can watch it on Setanta International (Rogers Ch.429). It is currently on free preview until 10th Sept, and after that you have to pay the bastards.
That'll be if you live in Ontario and subscribe to Rogers. Other cable providers may vary. Cogeco, for example, do not have an agreement with Setanta yet. Their customer service people replied to my query with words to the effect of "oh, we tell everyone who asks for that that there's no call for it." They are apparently "in negotiations" but unlikely to deliver service this side of the RWC. boohoo.