Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

RPRF cut immediately !!!

RPRF cut immediately !!!

Old May 2nd 2006, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

NewWorldMan is just really niceNewWorldMan is just really niceNewWorldMan is just really niceNewWorldMan is just really niceNewWorldMan is just really niceNewWorldMan is just really niceNewWorldMan is just really niceNewWorldMan is just really niceNewWorldMan is just really niceNewWorldMan is just really nice
Default RPRF cut immediately !!!

In today's budget, the RPRF (ROLF as it used to be known) was cut from $975 to $490.

I don't know much about the fiscal imbalance, but that's one equalization payment that will help me out!!!

What does everyone else make of it?
Old May 2nd 2006, 8:57 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RPRF cut immediately !!!

Originally Posted by NewWorldMan
In today's budget, the RPRF (ROLF as it used to be known) was cut from $975 to $490.

I don't know much about the fiscal imbalance, but that's one equalization payment that will help me out!!!

Rolling On Laughing Floor ?

What is/was it ?
Old May 2nd 2006, 9:01 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Rolling On Laughing Floor ?

What is/was it ?
Right of landing fee.

Cost of emmigrating to canada! You wouldnt remember I suspect
Old May 2nd 2006, 9:02 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
Right of landing fee.

Ah. No, in my day they paid us to come. It were all fields, mind.
Old May 2nd 2006, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

johnnyc has a brilliant futurejohnnyc has a brilliant futurejohnnyc has a brilliant futurejohnnyc has a brilliant futurejohnnyc has a brilliant futurejohnnyc has a brilliant future

B##ger!!! already paid and got my visas,havn't landed yet tho', do you think they might give me some back?. I can always live in hope

John
Old May 2nd 2006, 9:10 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by iaink
Right of landing fee.

Actually, that could matter as the OH has a pending application for PR. Not sure if that's part of $1525.00 in fees we already paid but, if not, all savings are welcome.
Old May 2nd 2006, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

sally h is a name known to allsally h is a name known to allsally h is a name known to allsally h is a name known to allsally h is a name known to allsally h is a name known to allsally h is a name known to allsally h is a name known to allsally h is a name known to allsally h is a name known to allsally h is a name known to all

Originally Posted by dbd33
Actually, that could matter as the OH has a pending application for PR. Not sure if that's part of $1525.00 in fees we already paid but, if not, all savings are welcome.
Just sent my application with payment in full (the$1525.00)
They haven't started processing it yet, so I should hope to get a refund of the $490 difference...that is if they give me a PR in the first place!

Sally
Old May 3rd 2006, 6:03 am
Happily hungover

1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute

I can't see the point .. it would make more difference if they cut the waiting time in half ..

The ROLF is a tiny proportion of the total cost of immigration, and reducing it is a typically useless move.
Old May 3rd 2006, 8:45 am
BE Enthusiast

zmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nice

But it would be nice to get some of the money back!

We paid all our fees up front and, although we haven't received a delay letter (yet), we know that our application won't be looked at until the end of the year at the earliest. Yes it would be lovely to have the waiting times cut but as that's not going to happen a refund of half of the landing fee would be lovely!!!

Zoe M. xx
Old May 3rd 2006, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

glenlivet is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: RPRF cut immediately !!!

Check out the following link. Looks like if your in the system you will be getting a refund. Yee Haa.......

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resid-fee/index.html

Cheers,

Roy

Originally Posted by zmartin
But it would be nice to get some of the money back!

We paid all our fees up front and, although we haven't received a delay letter (yet), we know that our application won't be looked at until the end of the year at the earliest. Yes it would be lovely to have the waiting times cut but as that's not going to happen a refund of half of the landing fee would be lovely!!!

Zoe M. xx
Old May 3rd 2006, 11:24 am
spring is coming yeha

steved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nice

Originally Posted by 1066
I can't see the point .. it would make more difference if they cut the waiting time in half ..

The ROLF is a tiny proportion of the total cost of immigration, and reducing it is a typically useless move.
I agree that cutting time would be better, but i would still prefer $400 in my pocket than in the governments
Old May 3rd 2006, 3:28 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

"The change is effective as of 12:00 a.m. EDT on May 3, 2006.

If you paid the Right of Permanent Residence Fee, but did not become a permanent resident until after 12:00 a.m. EDT on May 3, 2006, you are entitled to a refund."
Old May 3rd 2006, 3:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Morwenna
"The change is effective as of 12:00 a.m. EDT on May 3, 2006.

If you paid the Right of Permanent Residence Fee, but did not become a permanent resident until after 12:00 a.m. EDT on May 3, 2006, you are entitled to a refund."
Roll on "landing" on the 7th of May, followed immediately by asking the Canadian government for money...ah, the satisfaction
Old May 3rd 2006, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

Island_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by cov-canuck
Roll on "landing" on the 7th of May, followed immediately by asking the Canadian government for money...ah, the satisfaction
Yahhhhhhh Hubby landing May 6 we get money back...who know when but hey money back in our pockets is a welcome thing.

Island Girl
Old May 4th 2006, 1:20 am
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

It's a heap of mouldering cow dung, as if $500 gonna make a difference to decisions affecting the ROYL\rest of yr life. If $500 influences your decision to move to Canada you're in the wrong game plan.

100% cack,

Rich.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.